• Show
Clear All

• Berto-Zaveck expert prediction thread

Still working on it.

Updated: 9

BRYAN VERA
    Berto by ko

Kieran Mulvaney
    IMO, Zaveck tough enough to give Berto all sorts of trouble, but not busy enough to beat him. Berto by dec.

Kevin Iole
    Agree with Kieran. I think it's a moderately entertaining fight that Berto wins.

Chris Mannix
    Berto in a very tough, close fight.

BostonGuy
    Both guys are focus, motivated, tip top shape and have the skills to boot. Look for a exciting back-and-forth action fight. I'm going with Zaveck by close decision.

Bernie Bahrmasel
    Zaveck by 10th round KO!!

Tom************
    I got Berto by decision bro

Charlene May
    @TheRealPhantom5 Berto. U?

linusesq - Not an expert, but a pretty intelligent twitter dude.
    Know little of Zaveck-- figure Berto's HBO carreer is on line and he'll come up big

Steve Kim
    Berto by dec
    Last edited by Evil Abed; 09-03-2011, 03:58 PM.

IMO I think Zaveck could steal a decision from Berto, cause Berto can be very inactive in his fights. Actually Im gonna predict a Zaveck decision.

Comment

Prediction: Zaveck will be incredibly UP for this fight. To him, this is the ultimate golden opportunity and it's his superfight. For Berto, this fight is what he has to do instead of fighting Floyd if he had beaten Ortiz last April. So he'll be less than up for it, and the letdown, and lack of true motivation will cost him, as he gets outworked and out-hustled by a guy who simply wants to win more than he does.

Zaveck W12 Berto

Comment

Updated.........

Comment

CarlMoretti Carl Moretti
          @TheRealPhantom5 ...LSU

lol.

Comment

well imo zavec will probably have the 2nd best shot at beating berto, because of several reasons.
            zavec wanted this fight himself (he's not a cherrypicked opponent), berto/hbo had to accept after losing to ortiz.this is sayin zavec might think he can beat him. morales did the same with maidana if you remember.
            berto hasn't fought an orthodox right handed boxer in a while. this could affect the angles from which the punches land, making them less effective. zavec also has a high guard-bounce back-counterpunch kinda defense.
            berto is coming off a big loss. overall i think zavec is mentally a much stronger person. he is coming there to win. is berto even serious with zavec? i'm not too sure he knows whos gonna be on the other side of the ring.
            zavec will have to be careful as he throws his hooks, making him open to berto's best punch that right uppercut.
            neither guy has a good footwork.
            chin, zavec a bit unknown, berto suspect.
            who's gonna win? i think berto has so many advantages, zavec needs a KO which i don't think he can pull off. probably berto by decision or robbery.

Comment

For the record though I do think Berto was weight drained in his fight against Ortiz wouldnt be surprised if he looks really good tonight.

Comment

7 posted now.

Still wating for Fat Dan and Steve Kim

Comment

Berto's going to get smoked, I think

Comment

Zaveck is going to win but the judges will give it to Bertha

Comment

Working...
                    X