Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety First Boxing Dominates: Are Pressure Fighters Out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
    learn to fight like floyd is hard very hard to do, be a Pressure Fighter is something natural to do, but to be a mart one you need to study the art of boxing.....
    I don't disagree, although it's irrelevant. Pressure fighting will always be more entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by jmmfan View Post
      Boxing isn't only about winning, or longevity. It's about giving people a good and entertaining fight. That's why you won't hear Mayweather's name being thrown around decades from now as some amazing fighter, but you will for Pacquiao. They can stick to their safety first bull**** style for all I care, but they'll be remembered for that in their "legacy" as well.
      yes people will forget one of the best technical fighters ever, but will remember the guy with poor technique 3 loses 2 draws who is afraid of needles....

Comment

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
        yes people will forget one of the best technical fighters ever, but will remember the guy with poor technique 3 loses 2 draws who is afraid of needles....
        Guys, do NOT turn this into a flame war about these two guys.

Manny is NOT a pressure fighter. He moves in and out of the pocket. He has movement and footwork that do not apply to pressure fighters.

Same time Floyd fights might involve less getting hit but thats cos Floyd is the hardest man to hit in the game.

Watch those skills. They are poetic.

Comment

yeah the klitschkos are safety first yet they have the highest knockout percentages in the history of the sport

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
            DUDE! Don't over-react! Forget the holding, Wlad IS a safety first boxer who stays on the outside.

He has good reasons for it. Those reasons make tactical SENSE for an athlete who, as a boxer, plans a long career while holding onto his braincells. And he is NOT a pressure fighter and he VERY RARELY steps into the pocket if at all.

I'm not attacking Wlad. I'm just wondering where boxing is going.

Wheres the pressure going to come from?

Who is coming up and is that a dead style?
            hey dumbass have you ever considered boxing is EVOLVING and the point of the sport is hit and to NOT BE HIT and so smarter boxers (i.e. PHD's like Klitschkos) know how to NOT get hit

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
              hey dumbass have you ever considered boxing is EVOLVING and the point of the sport is hit and to NOT BE HIT and so smarter boxers (i.e. PHD's like Klitschkos) know how to NOT get hit
              Hey ******, have you considered thats what I'm discussing in the thread?

I haven't said its a bad thing once. I'm only observing.

So sensitive!

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
                Hey ******, have you considered thats what I'm discussing in the thread?

I haven't said its a bad thing once. I'm only observing.

So sensitive!
                ok i apologize.

Comment

Working...
                X