Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based on power alone is Wilder the hardest hitter in boxing history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- -Wildy may have tied MoneyFraud for the most consecutive TBA defenses.

Fat Stiverne exposed him as a club fighter first go round and a still weak as a newborn Fury exposed him again though that 12th rd combo was the most professional moment in Wildy's TBA career.

Needed ref help to survive the first Ortiz ordeal. Typically even the TBAs are outboxing him, thus the need for TBAs to pad his record.

Comment

Who exactly is it Wilder has KO'ed that makes TS make such a ****y claim?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Who exactly is it Wilder has KO'ed that makes TS make such a ****y claim?
        USS Cunningham a non-punching cruiser put down, Tyson Fury heavily. Without a doubt Wilder is the hardest hitting heavyweight of this era, but has he really fought anybody who, Lennox Lewis or Mike Tyson to name afew would not blast out? NO. There are no real tough and durable heavyweights around today, they all have flaws which is what makes the division exciting.

But let me make this clear? Deontay Wilder hits hard with his single punch. But overall his offensive arsenal for me is still not the most destructive, and I can see that he is starting to PUT to much emphasis on that one area of his game. 'If there is ever a fighter who can survive his power, and answer back and punish him? That type of defeat is going to destroy him as a fighter'

Nobody has been able to deter Wilder off his game plan, so his self belief is just accumulating 'Right now he is the heavyweight with the most self belief in himself' Until somebody can make him doubt himself inside of the ring, he is the most dangerous heavyweight in the game today.

Comment

Most of you are missing the point if not deflecting. Raw punching power is not measured by quality of opposition. Your skills as a puncher yes, but raw power is simply measured by what Wilder has been showing us: the amount of times you're knocking opponents out and the manner in which you do it.

Now you can make the argument that this can be somewhat measured by quality of chins they have knocked out but lets be real, most of the great power punchers generally haven't KO'd all that many great chinned fighters because simply, those type of fighters don't get knocked out that way.

I can honestly say after watching this sport since the 90s, I may not seen anyone else with the level of impact Wilder's punches have produced. Maybe there have been a few like Arthur Abraham and Mike Tyson where heads are snapping back violently and sweat explodes on impact, and also by the loud thuds they produce. But really Wilder's knockouts are downright disturbing at times.

Comment

People always are quick on the trigger to proclaim such things as the best ever... The last time I heard such talk was about Mike Tyson. Tyson was knocking them all out, putting them on chicken legs...

Wilder enters the conversation, we have to see where he ends up in the conversation. If he is the hardest hitting then so much for dawn of the large heavyweights. The man is built like a basketball player lol. And I am not saying that means he cannot punch, on the contrary, I am saying Wilder is another bit of proof that the best heavyweights still do not need to cross over 220-240 pounds.

But it is premature, lets see what happens in his fights, lets see him fight a guy with a great chin, Fury got up and some say his chin is not the greatest.

His power is impressive.

Comment

That particular honor probably goes to Sandy Saddler or Art Hafey, but Wilder can punch all right.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                People always are quick on the trigger to proclaim such things as the best ever... The last time I heard such talk was about Mike Tyson. Tyson was knocking them all out, putting them on chicken legs...

Wilder enters the conversation, we have to see where he ends up in the conversation. If he is the hardest hitting then so much for dawn of the large heavyweights. The man is built like a basketball player lol. And I am not saying that means he cannot punch, on the contrary, I am saying Wilder is another bit of proof that the best heavyweights still do not need to cross over 220-240 pounds.

But it is premature, lets see what happens in his fights, lets see him fight a guy with a great chin, Fury got up and some say his chin is not the greatest.

His power is impressive.
                Johnny Nelson said something similar leading up to the David Haye vs Audley Harrison fight 'It was when pundits where questioning Haye's weight deficit'

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                  Johnny Nelson said something similar leading up to the David Haye vs Audley Harrison fight 'It was when pundits where questioning Haye's weight deficit'
                  Its one of those things I like to just make others aware of because many think heavyweights are becoming bigger. yet when we look carefully at who is winning, there is a wide variation of sizes.

Comment

David Tua is up there too, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                      Most of you are missing the point if not deflecting. Raw punching power is not measured by quality of opposition. Your skills as a puncher yes, but raw power is simply measured by what Wilder has been showing us: the amount of times you're knocking opponents out and the manner in which you do it.

Now you can make the argument that this can be somewhat measured by quality of chins they have knocked out but lets be real, most of the great power punchers generally haven't KO'd all that many great chinned fighters because simply, those type of fighters don't get knocked out that way.

I can honestly say after watching this sport since the 90s, I may not seen anyone else with the level of impact Wilder's punches have produced. Maybe there have been a few like Arthur Abraham and Mike Tyson where heads are snapping back violently and sweat explodes on impact, and also by the loud thuds they produce. But really Wilder's knockouts are downright disturbing at times.
                      This.

I really question how many people here have ever Boxed. Or done any Martial Art.

Power-punchers often have careers STACKED with KO's. Lots and lots of wins. Why? It sells. People will pay to watch a decent fighter pole-axe a shyte fighter.

Why don't more people talk about Whitaker-McGirt?

Why do more people know Ali and Foremanthan Whitaker?

People want violence. Lethal power most of all.

It's different today because promoters and managers actually try to make power-punchers of limited skill into champions.That wasn't so possible in the past.

Paddy DeMarcoand Artie Levine could have been called ATGs and GOAT material - if they came of age today. But no one who makes idiot claims like that even knows who they are.

But yeah,being apower puncher isn't decided by competion. If anything ,you need low level opponents to showcase it.

Comment

Working...
                      X