Collapse
No announcement yet.

unbreakable!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree it's Willie Pep! In his prime the man was beautiful as a fighter. It's really sad he just passed away. I think I speak for everyone when I say he will be missed.

R.I.P Willie Pep - Wil of the Wisp

Comment

Originally posted by Lubutheimmortal View Post
      I agree it's Willie Pep! In his prime the man was beautiful as a fighter. It's really sad he just passed away. I think I speak for everyone when I say he will be missed.

R.I.P Willie Pep - Wil of the Wisp
      U do bud, always sad when a ledgend passes

Comment

Exige has the best defense of all time. He only fights on the computer. Tough to be hit that way.................Rockin'
        That was a good one Rockin!

Comment

tysons was really good. but hard to keep doing,he has 1 of the most tiring styles i have tried and seen.just the bobbing and weaving can take a toll on u

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6 View Post
            tysons was really good. but hard to keep doing,he has 1 of the most tiring styles i have tried and seen.just the bobbing and weaving can take a toll on u
            you got that right. I tried his style in sparring last year and I was ****ed by the second round!

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
              you got that right. I tried his style in sparring last year and I was ****ed by the second round!
              ppl wonder why im tired sometimes in like the third round of sparring.and i wanna say."***** this **** is tiring"ahaha, but i was out of shape also

Comment

A defense that makes you tired fast isn't a good defense, but I know thats not what you saying. He was a good bob-weaver though. Also yes I can imagine that's a tiring style. I've never boxed,....it's something I've thought about, but never went through with yet.

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6 View Post
                  I try this method too when I go for an in fight.it is really hard(not to mention that I am an out fighter and a southpaw for that matter)I feel that I will loose my techniques when I go at infight and be more like a brawler type of boxer.though as much as possible I use counter punches. for my style I will loose much of my power when I go infight coz the reach of my lead hand will be shorten (coz it is my dominant one )

Originally posted by ROBO #1 View Post
                  Ive only seen a handfull of Pep fights but i am confident he was Undisputed number1! I saw him win a round without throwing a punch! Wild! Then Sweet Pea who i have seen far more off! For me he was way better than PBF, but yeah Floyds a genius! Honerable mention to Jones jnr and James Toney. Oh and Winky Wright too.
                  I dont remember if I saw a fight of pep before like you mention. does any body know who he is fighting that time? so I can search for it.

yeah roy jr. too but he is out of the spot light for now ,so I will go for floyd

winky was using peak a boo style same as tyson but instead of weaving he blocks it.in this case I go with tyson.but winky uses a type of side shoulder block and some elbow block too.not just blocking with his fore arms and curling/covering the body like most boxers do. if he add some more parry with it and some more combinations on his attacks ,he will not be too boring to watch anymore and may become exciting to watch for some boxing fans.
                  Last edited by aspect; 12-25-2006, 05:28 AM.

Comment

I dont remember the guys name, click the link on page 1, it says it didnt happen but he def did it to sum1 coz i saw it, it was on ESPN Classics a few months back

Comment

Originally posted by ROBO #1 View Post
                      Intresting peace but ive seen it with my own eyes, it happened. Dont know who he was fighting but i definatley saw him win a round without throwing a punch.
                      It was always said that it was the Jackie Graves bout and I did a lot of research on that bout and found out that it did not happen. Their were no newspapers that stated it either.

I do agree that Pep was one of the Greatest boxers of all times, along with Robinson, Armstrong, Ali and Louis.

Comment

Working...
                      X