No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez is an active legend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Canelo fought GGG twice in Canelo loving Vegas which is basically Canelo's home town on a Goldenboy promotion. fight 1 was a draw and fight 2 Canelo won a split decision by the narrowest possible margin.GGG and Canelo are clearly evenly matched and very close in fighting ability. Yet somehow you can declare Canelo is a living legend and say GGG is such a poor fighter that you picked Vanes to knock him out. You say if he retired today Canelo would be a first ballot hall of famer and that's true. If GGG retired today he would also be a first ballot hall of famer. But only the great Julia Slobberts gets to decide which boxer is a living legend and which boxer is a POS. When it comes to boxing you have the knowledge, intelligence and logic of a snail.
    I agree with this. Even with every advantage Canelo barely beat GGG in the rematch. To say one is a bum and the other a legend is frankly pathetic. Oh, and there was also clenbuterol issue...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Even if that was true it didn't stop guys like Roy Jones, Holyfield, Pacquiao being legends.
      You list pac with no fawking evidence what a joke

Comment

The only bum is you. A bum of a poster with nothing positive to contribute. Only unreasonable hate.
        Neither of those fights were close. Kingnelo beat the goat milk out of Golovkin twice and barely broke a sweat. Borat barely won a round

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Floyd won every round against Marquez still didn't stop Marquez from putting Manny Pacquiao to sleep and being a Hall of Famer. If not beating Floyd one of the greatest fighters of all time means you are not a hall of famer then you are removing half the greatest fighters of the last few decades from the Hall of Fame. And the Canelo loss hurts him less then most fighters who lost to Floyd because of how young he was. You had fighters in their peak and closer to their prime then Canelo was that lost to Floyd. Canelo's prime is now and at 160 that loss becomes less relevant on his legacy the more he keeps winning. As for GGG....

GGG showed up to the press conference like

no amount of tears changes the fact that Canelo whooped that boy, walked him down, broke his face and sent him running out the ring crying. Canelo will definitely go down in history as the better fighter and having the better career.
          Apparently the truth hurts. In your case, I'm glad

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            It's not always obvious who means **** and who's joking - the fact that I know individual posters' styles and stances probably means I spend waaay too much time on here.

As to why posters spend time hating on fighters in a sport we're all supposed to be fans of? I have no idea man - I don't really think it's actually much to do with fighters, it's just that some dudes like arguing and **** escalates - ragging on a guys' fighter is just a way of getting under his skin. It's all tit for tat juvenile ****, but it's not like some of the GGG fans don't do the same, so what you supposed to do?

It's all fun and games. I like the back and forth. I enjoy when people clown on a fighter, or promoter, or network, and I enjoy watching people defend them.

It's a fun forum to be honest and not to be taken personally. Every fighter will get hated on. ALL OF THEM.

Comment

Canelo fought GGG twice in Canelo loving Vegas which is basically Canelo's home town on a Goldenboy promotion. fight 1 was a draw and fight 2 Canelo won a split decision by the narrowest possible margin.GGG and Canelo are clearly evenly matched and very close in fighting ability. Yet somehow you can declare Canelo is a living legend and say GGG is such a poor fighter that you picked Vanes to knock him out. You say if he retired today Canelo would be a first ballot hall of famer and that's true. If GGG retired today he would also be a first ballot hall of famer. But only the great Julia Slobberts gets to decide which boxer is a living legend and which boxer is a POS. When it comes to boxing you have the knowledge, intelligence and logic of a snail.

GGG is a legit HOF, possibly ATG. No doubt.

Comment

Did I not pick Rob Brant to annihilate Murata? I saw that one coming a mile away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
                  GGG is a legit HOF, possibly ATG. No doubt.
                  ATG?? He's barely a HOF

His only notable win is Danny Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                    He is undeniably a hall of famer.

If he beats Jermall charlo, Jacobs/Derveychanko winner, Adrade and/or Saunders, he will surely be an ATG and could go down as the greatest fighter of all time.
                    There is one boxer he never really beat and that's GGG who you start daily hate threads trashing the hell out of. I see the board turned you red Flagboy with a rep of zero. I don't give out red but you deserve red for all of your cheer leader hurrah for the USA BS and the hate filled threads you constantly start trashing non USA boxers especially good ones from Russia and nearby.

Comment

Boxing would be dead without King Canelo. Fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X