Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez’s deal with HBO ends with Golovkin rematch (RIP HBO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo Alvarez’s deal with HBO ends with Golovkin rematch (RIP HBO)

Canelo Alvarez’s deal with HBO ends with Golovkin rematch and he’ll explore a new TV partner, says De La Hoya

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...htmlstory.html

Canelo and GGG might leave HBO

It's SHOWTIME

Last edited by mcdonalds; 09-12-2018, 06:52 PM.

Good. **** HBO.

Comment

F.uck

At least HBO boxing is going out on high note with Canelo /GGg

Then they can die probably better then just broadcasting mediocrity and watching a slow death

Comment

I hope HBO and everyone that works for it fails and starts crying for real and then feels real bad on the inside

Comment

Boxing Goat

As you were saying......????

Comment

HBO boxing in it's prime felt like the pinnacle to me in every way. Best fighters, best production value, best announcers. Everything felt like you were watching the real deal. Sad to see what it's become. I still love Showtime but the ESPN level fights will always feel cheap and third rate to me.

Comment

Damn, HBO is done for

Comment

Oscar knows what's going on

Canelo Alvarez’s Saturday night bout on HBO pay-per-view is the final fight on his current deal with the premium network, and promoter Oscar De La Hoya indicated the sport’s most powerful draw could leave for a new suitor.

“It makes me wonder if HBO even wants to be in boxing,” De La Hoya told the Los Angeles Times Wednesday.

Comment

I'd assume Oscar is gonna have to make a deal with one devil or another now. Devil in his eyes anyway. Or he needs to pull a TV partner out of his ass.

Seems like Showtime would be the most likely winner of Canelo's services, but maybe DAZN can make a move. Doubt Arum & Oscar would team up, but maybe ESPN would make some sorta side deal for Canelo cuz they already do some sh^t with Oscar now.

Comment

Man when has HBO ever not had a deal in place for one or both guys in the biggest PPV fight on HBO (& f#ck boxing in general)?

Comment

Working...
                    X