Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people say Pacquiao only won 2 rounds in the Floyd fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
    I have floyd 5 rounds at best giving to him all the close rounds.
    Dude your entire life is revolved around Floyd. It's like the democrats with Trump.

You have FDS. Floyd Derangement Syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
      It was a close fight. Up until the 11th round. I had it even going into the 11th. Then Floyd won the 11th and 12th, making it 7-5 Floyd in my book.

I noticed in the HBO/Showtime commentary they were all over Floyd's dick, even though Floyd was fighting a little scared, not landing or throwing much, and Pacquiao was getting shots in.

My view of the fight was a lot closer to This video, but I still had Floyd winning 7-5. Pacquiao fought the wrong fight. He was fighting a 12 round fight, and you can't do that against mayweather. You have to fight round by round, putting it all on the table and taking what you can get, round by round, minute by minute. Pacquiao didn't give it all, and that's what it takes to beat the best fighter in the world. That's what it takes to be the best.
      I had Floyd winning 8-4 and Manny went down hill bad after the 4th round, when he threw a very hard combo on Floyd against the ropes. That's when I believe he aggravated the shoulder and lost most confidence in it.

That said, HBO was just commenting on the obvious stuff seen in the fight, like Floyd knocking Manny off balance with jabs. The subtle stuff Manny was doing was largely overlooked such as actually out landing Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
        I had Pac winning zero rounds. McGregor did better
        Shocking! With the screen name and all

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
          I don't need to show you anything. AB was up after 5.

He was controlling the fight more than Pacquiao.

AB's performance in the first 5 rounds vs Pacquiao was almost identical to Mayweather's performance in the first 5 rounds against Pacquiao. They followed the same exact blueprint, threw and landed almost an identical number of punches

If you can sit here and say Floyd was up after 5 in their fight, and say Broner wasn't up afer 5, Then you're a hyprocrite and a troll in my view.

Either floyd and broner were up after 5 against pacquiao, or pacquiao was up after 5 against both. You can't pick and choose you biased clown.

The only difference in the first 5 rounds between the two fights, is that Pacquiao landed more on Floyd than he landed on broner.
          I actually had AB up the first 4 rounds and then Pac got his timing down and it was all she wrote.

Comment

I sort of half watched it. Honestly, I tried to get into it, I tried watching buildup but I just couldn't. I got stuck with hosting it because I have a projector and we screened it on that. It looked close to me with both guys doing nothing but Floyd looking better at doing nothing. I thought it was strange how cautious he was though given how much bigger he looked and how Pacquaio was so declined.

I haven't bothered or wont bother to watch it again because honestly I was so bored even half watching it.

Comment

I had it 7-5 for Floyd as well. I could see it as wide as 9-3, but there were very close rounds throughout the fight. The rounds i thought Pac won clearly were 4, 6, and 9

Comment

I dont get why people act like this fight affected them so personally...The fight was horrible and both won because they robbed all the fools who bought that trash fight..neither looked good in the fight and ya'll actually want them to fight again?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  I dont get why people act like this fight affected them so personally...The fight was horrible and both won because they robbed all the fools who bought that trash fight..neither looked good in the fight and ya'll actually want them to fight again?
                  What do you mean affected them personally?
                  Although i think Pac won like a lot of people did, Pac didnt do too much. Neither did Floyd and a lot of the points scored for Floyd were less power than GGGs punches on Nelo, and peopple werent even scoring GGGs punches, but loving Nelos punches. Welll a lot loved Pacs punches.
                  A draw would have been a fair result so a rematch is needed. Not saying its going to be entertaining though.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 02-01-2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X