The single greatest accomplishment in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The single greatest accomplishment in boxing history

what do you guys reckon it is?

**** Henry Armstrong winning 3 championship in 3 weight classes at the same time!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yeykax View Post
      **** Henry Armstrong winning 3 championship in 3 weight classes at the same time!!!!!
      Beat me to it!

Oh well... Foreman becoming the oldest man to win the HT is a good 2nd..

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu View Post
        what do you guys reckon it is?
        I've always been partial to Foreman winning back the title 20 years after he lost it, but can't really argue with Armstrngs accomplishment. Hopkins being one of the best p4p fighters at 44 is impressive. Archie Moore's 131 ko's. Jack Johnson becoming the first black man to hold the heavyweight championship. Sam Langford being a dominant force from welterweight thru heavyweight. Harry Greb averaging more than 20 fights a year for his career against many of the best fighters of his era. I'll stick with my original pick, but there are a lot of great accomplishments that are noteworthy.

Comment

There are so Many out there its Hard to narrow it to just 1. Foreman's Comeback was impressive. He took Holyfield to hell and Back, Evander was even Holding onto George the whole 12th round. that was impressive.

But i cant go past Henry Armstrong 3 championships in 3 weight classes is very impressive even more so that there were no inbetween Weight Classes back then.

Marciano's Acheivements is also great, But we could go on and on. Boxing is full of them. But i guess the Single best acomplishment would be being considered p4p the best fighter to ever step in the ring, and that Title goes to Ray Robinson, So thats my choice.

ROOSTER

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
            There are so Many out there its Hard to narrow it to just 1. Foreman's Comeback was impressive. He took Holyfield to hell and Back, Evander was even Holding onto George the whole 12th round. that was impressive.

But i cant go past Henry Armstrong 3 championships in 3 weight classes is very impressive even more so that there were no inbetween Weight Classes back then.

Marciano's Acheivements is also great, But we could go on and on. Boxing is full of them. But i guess the Single best acomplishment would be being considered p4p the best fighter to ever step in the ring, and that Title goes to Ray Robinson, So thats my choice.

ROOSTER

We can also trow in Wilfred Benitez winng a world title at just 17 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

We can also trow in Wilfred Benitez winng a world title at just 17 years old.
              Vinny Pazienza who moved up 2 weight divisions (LWW to LMW) & won his 2nd WT after recovering from a broken neck!!!! Now that deserves a mention..

Comment

Some good answers here.

Throw in Tyson winnin a HW title at 20, and bein undisputed HW champ at 21.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                  Some good answers here.

Co-sign. Dude couldn't even drink at the bar and he was already world heavyweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                    Some good answers here.

Yes that is a great achievement and most likely will never been broken. Undisputed...damn i miss that

Comment

Working...
                    X