No announcement yet.

Deontay "DUCKSQUAD" Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    It's most likely negotations a starting point but I like Wilder I think he's going to win but it's clearly Joshua who's the bigger name without a doubt, he gots bigger money fight with Haye/Bellew winner if he wants to take that road

Comment

I wonder what Deontay counter offer was??? you know considering this should be on 'SHOWTIME' where Joshua came in second last in the years ratings! even little Gary Russell jr. did bigger numbers! and the 'Bronze-Bomber' consistently beat A.J on the ratings even with Szpilka, Molina and Bermane ; Now we can talk about his NBC numbers that broke a million but I don't want to embarrass A.J's troll fans.

Its funny tho, they want to pretend that the great empires viewership don't count.

Eddie Hearn is not dealing with Parker and his country of five million residents, we are talking about the Mecca of boxing U.S.A! as much as I want A.J to grow a pair and fight outside his country for once I kinda want this to be in the UK despite my concerns with its recent robberies ( Takam ) just to make these haters bend the knee to King Deontay in their home country.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tok View Post
        Is it his fault if Potvetkin was juiced up?
        Is it his fault if Ortiz was juiced up?

Or perhaps you think, he picked those guys knowing they would flag on urine/blood tests?

Hearn wants to see Wilder vs Whyte

Whyte is competitive right...
        Did you see him show interest in fighting Fury or Klitschko?
        No. He always acted like they will be there for him when he's ready.
        And now he's feeling the pressure because he saw how huge the Klitsch/AJ was.
        He got jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          IMO Joshua is the draw and should get a higher percentage. However, since Joshua-Klitschko only had like $9-10mil live gate in a 90k packed stadium, financially it’s better to have the fight in Vegas where events like this gross huge money. If AJ wants to be in front of his crowd instead and wants the fight in England imo Deontay should go there.

At this point we as fans should see that each guy wants to make an optional money grab defense before they fight each other. I’m ok with that but anything more is BS.
          Your opinion?

It's absolute fact that AJ is 50x the draw that Wilder is. AJ could fight you and it would make more money than Wilder vs everybody else.

AJ makes 7-8 times more what Wilder makes and hence should realistically take 7-8 times more than Wilder if they fought. However, because AJ is the one pushing this fight, making offers the fight will happen as he's the one who'll lower his actual worth.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            I wonder what Deontay counter offer was??? you know considering this should be on 'SHOWTIME' where Joshua came in second last in the years ratings! even little Gary Russell jr. did bigger numbers! and the 'Bronze-Bomber' consistently beat A.J on the ratings even with Szpilka, Molina and Bermane ; Now we can talk about his NBC numbers that broke a million but I don't want to embarrass A.J's troll fans.

Its funny tho, they want to pretend that the great empires viewership don't count.

Eddie Hearn is not dealing with Parker and his country of five million residents, we are talking about the Mecca of boxing U.S.A! as much as I want A.J to grow a pair and fight outside his country for once I kinda want this to be in the UK despite my concerns with its recent robberies ( Takam ) just to make these haters bend the knee to King Deontay in their home country.
            Did Wilder pull 100k free viewings on any UK tv ever?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Did Wilder pull 100k free viewings on any UK tv ever?
              I dont know, I asked you UK fanboys to render his SKY numbers during this past weekend vs. Bermane Stiverne but you guys ducked my request ; I doubt they were as bad as Joshua-Takam pulling 300K even if Wilder was fighting at 3.am UK time.

Comment

Your opinion?

It's absolute fact that AJ is 50x the draw that Wilder is. AJ could fight you and it would make more money than Wilder vs everybody else.

AJ makes 7-8 times more what Wilder makes and hence should realistically take 7-8 times more than Wilder if they fought. However, because AJ is the one pushing this fight, making offers the fight will happen as he's the one who'll lower his actual worth.
                Not true because that would imply he could make the money he makes fighting Wilder against others or close to it, he can make significantly more against Wilder. Or that others could help him as much expanding his brand into the US which is on a totally different scale than the UK if he can make it.

If Joshua wants to make more he needs to pay more, so Wilder holds more value because without him they can't do more or achieve other goals.

So if they want to hang out on their island and juice the people there they can do that, if they actually want to step onto a bigger stage and to make it beyond that postage stamp off the coast of Europe then they can get Wilder in the ring with a correct amount.

Value~ and I guarantee Eddie Hearn values what Wilder can bring to the table and Wilder will be paid as such, it won't be 50/50 but you can't get what you don't ask for in the first place~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Not true because that would imply he could make the money he makes fighting Wilder against others or close to it, he can make significantly more against Wilder. Or that others could help him as much expanding his brand into the US which is on a totally different scale than the UK if he can make it.

If Joshua wants to make more he needs to pay more, so Wilder holds more value because without him they can't do more or achieve other goals.

So if they want to hang out on their island and juice the people there they can do that, if they actually want to step onto a bigger stage and true to make it beyond that postage stamp off the coast of Europe.

Value~ and I guarantee Eddie Hearn values what Wilder can bring to the table and Wilder will be paid as such, it won't be 50/50 but you can't get what you don't ask for in the first place~
                  Joshua could fight Fury, or Haye and make the same amount of money as against Wilder. Why do you think Hearn says he wants Wilder to build his profile?

Joshua already fights on Showtime on equal footing and does equal numbers to Wilder on a platform Wilder has been on for 5 years. But good try.

Step to a bigger stage?

I didn't realize the leisure centers in Alabama or the barclays center is a bigger stage than Wembley or Principality stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    I dont know, I asked you UK fanboys to render his SKY numbers during this past weekend vs. Bermane Stiverne but you guys ducked my request ; I doubt they were as bad as Joshua-Takam pulling 300K even if Wilder was fighting at 3.am UK time.
                    Wilder vs Szpilka was 500k on primetime AJ does almost similar to that vs a complete unknown to american viewers on a saturday afternoon.

Because they don't release numbers. Expect somewhere in the region of 40k viewers and they probably didn't even know who they were watching.

Comment

Wilder vs Szpilka was 500k on primetime AJ does almost similar to that vs a complete unknown to american viewers on a saturday afternoon.

Because they don't release numbers. Expect somewhere in the region of 40k viewers and they probably didn't even know who they were watching.
                      So basically what you just said is A.J came close to doing Wilders numbers ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X