No announcement yet.

Overrated Bad Decisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overrated Bad Decisions?

Name some bad decisions or robbiries that just get overrated and weren't as bad as people make them out to be?

This one could go on and on. People always call fights "robberies" when they're really close.

Mosley-De La Hoya 2. PED use aside. DLH boxed well in the early going, Mosley got the better of it in the late rounds. There were many close rounds. Oscar's win over Whitaker too. That was a pain in the ass to score. A very close fight. People call Leonard-Hagler a bad decision, but that was a close fight that could've gone either way. Mayweather-Castillo 1 is greatly exaggerated. Castillo did very little in the beginning and gave away too many rounds.

Then of course you have people going "look at the Compubox", as if that amazingly accurate system means much.

Comment

Both Marquez-Pacquiao fights. I think that Marquez won both, but the way people ***** about them, you'd think he didn't touch the canvas three times in the first fight and that he just straight annihilated him in the second.

Comment

Both Marquez-Pacquiao fights. Knockdowns count people.

Froch-Dirrell. I thought Froch did nothing and lost the fight but Dirrell lost it himself.

De La Hoya-Trinidad. Bottom line is Trinidad kept fighting and Oscar decided to give away the end of the fight.

Comment

some peope still call both hopkins-taylor fights robberies

they were super close fights.hopkins had been champion so long and he fought like he was owed something due to this

he and the majority of his fans are very sore losers

Comment

Hagler vs Leonard
            Whitaker vs DLH
            Watson vs Eubank 1
            Spoon vs Holmes
            Diaz vs Malignaggi

I watched Young vs Ali and Young vs Norton,whilst i thought Young won both i felt he was more convincing beating Ali then he was Norton, only its generally more accepted that he beat Norton but people are reluctant to concede that he beat Ali to.

Comment

Frankie Randall vs JCC II, stopped by a cut Chavez won in a fight he should had lost and doesn't give him the rubber match till years later in Mexico

Comment

Clottey vs Cotto, Clottey just stopped punching in the end of the fight that he was winning. Knockdown was the deciding factor

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
                  some peope still call both hopkins-taylor fights robberies

they were super close fights.hopkins had been champion so long and he fought like he was owed something due to this

he and the majority of his fans are very sore losers
                  I do agree with that, speed gives Hopkins a lot of problems but most of those fights he was waiting while Taylor was doing the fight

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                    I do agree with that, speed gives Hopkins a lot of problems but most of those fights he was waiting while Taylor was doing the fight
                    they were close fights and i wouldnt have no objection to anybody scoring it for hopkins
                    you are right though,speed beats hopkins,he is better at beating one-dimensional fighters

Comment

Working...
                    X