Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Bernard Hopkisn vs Carl Froch. Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    Even if he won that many rounds which he possibly could not have, most until about the 9th were competitive and this against a journeyman MW.
    The most he won was 3 and that is if you were being very very generous. I saw a masterful performance, and Hopkins was trying to be entertaining for his hometown fans so he threw more than usual. He also did not gte hit more than a few times so I do not see how you can say it was competitive 10-2 9-3 is not competitive at all.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
      Who possesses things froch doesn't though bro. Work in the inside, defense against the clinch, doesn't reset himself and will throw - he's game.

Some people are just hard to look great against. Librados brother will always do better against that type of fighter than Froch. Froch just doesn't seem to react well to clinching and running - every fighters mentality is different in those situations.
      B-hop seems to have slowed down and got hit alot in that fight. Froch is no speedster by any means but his speed his comparable to Ornelas and as far a power no contest there.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        The most he won was 3 and that is if you were being very very generous. I saw a masterful performance, and Hopkins was trying to be entertaining for his hometown fans so he threw more than usual. He also did not gte hit more than a few times so I do not see how you can say it was competitive 10-2 9-3 is not competitive at all.
        He got hit alot Bully, alot more than he usually does......even if you win all 12 rounds a fight can still be competitive. As a result though it was a pretty entertaining fight.

Comment

hopkins by UD...you all are on cocaine if you think froch has a chance...he'd get beat down by dirrell if they rematched...RIP to froch in the second round cause AA is going to texas chainsaw massacre his ass...

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
            hopkins by UD...you all are on cocaine if you think froch has a chance...he'd get beat down by dirrell if they rematched...RIP to froch in the second round cause AA is going to texas chainsaw massacre his ass...
            Because that is what Dirrell does best, beat ppl down.

Comment

Froch has great stamina Hopkins at his age would need the rests and clench. A fast boxer form the outside is what is all wrong for Froch. B-hop getting in close aids Froch........would it be an easy fight no because of Froch's limited skills, but are you going to tell me that you don't think Hopkins has slipped considerably since he beat Pavlik?
              Well, I train at Upper Darby where Nard spent most his time for Both Pavlik and Ornelas and no I don't think he's slipped too much. I think at his age, being out of the ring for that long just made a bigger impact, ya know?

But I have the luxury of seeing Nard train regularly, and I don't think he's gone back too many steps.

I personally just don't see Froches style posing that serious a threat to nard because his workrate isn't the greatest. Heavy work wears hopkins down, makes him use his legs more and things like that, makes him look his age.

Froch doesn't do that.. sure he may in that particular bout, but nothing in his career has showed me he'd do that, ya know?

Just my oppinion though. But personally I see hop winning on just the clinch Alone. Nard will be outside the ring just like Dirrell was, and looking to land 1 hit and clinch when Froch comes in.

Comment

Well, I train at Upper Darby where Nard spent most his time for Both Pavlik and Ornelas and no I don't think he's slipped too much. I think at his age, being out of the ring for that long just made a bigger impact, ya know?

But I have the luxury of seeing Nard train regularly, and I don't think he's gone back too many steps.

I personally just don't see Froches style posing that serious a threat to nard because his workrate isn't the greatest. Heavy work wears hopkins down, makes him use his legs more and things like that, makes him look his age.

Froch doesn't do that.. sure he may in that particular bout, but nothing in his career has showed me he'd do that, ya know?

Just my oppinion though. But personally I see hop winning on just the clinch Alone. Nard will be outside the ring just like Dirrell was, and looking to land 1 hit and clinch when Froch comes in.
                I could see Bernard using his craftiness to expose Froch's lack of said craftiness to get a UD, but would still favor the younger Froch who can be very rough and out muscle Hopkins to bring Bernards workrate down to nothing while forcing him to constantly hold, thus winning rounds just by being busy.Its crazy though to think that Froch wouldn't have not just a chance but a good one against a 45 yr old Hopkins who didn't look spectacular against an opponent he would have obliterated just 4 years ago. Froch is not a good boxer but is an excellent fighter.

Comment

I could see Bernard using his craftiness to expose Froch's lack of said craftiness to get a UD, but would still favor the younger Froch who can be very rough and out muscle Hopkins to bring Bernards workrate down to nothing while forcing him to constantly hold, thus winning rounds just by being busy.Its crazy though to think that Froch wouldn't have not just a chance but a good one against a 45 yr old Hopkins who didn't look spectacular against an opponent he would have obliterated just 4 years ago. Froch is not a good boxer but is an excellent fighter.
                  I gotta admit I also don't think too highly of him after teh Dirrell fight, so i could be a bit bias. But he just seemed so lost from Dirrells running.. it along with Haye/Valuev was the worst fight of the year for me.. I don't know if both guys just had stale nights, or if Dirrell is really that scarey and froch is really that timid against runners.

Comment

this is a joke thread.

Comment

I gotta admit I also don't think too highly of him after teh Dirrell fight, so i could be a bit bias. But he just seemed so lost from Dirrells running.. it along with Haye/Valuev was the worst fight of the year for me.. I don't know if both guys just had stale nights, or if Dirrell is really that scarey and froch is really that timid against runners.
                      Dirrell is a slick fast guy and Froch is slow....he punched alot of air that night but tried to turn it into a rough ugly fight devoid of any real boxing, it was his only chance......There were also many more good than bad fights this year aside from those two. I thought it was a decent year with some good fights that I will remember.

Comment

Working...
                      X