Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronda Rousey vs. Amanda Nunes - UFC 207

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure who I'll pick in this one til its closer to fight time & more details on Ronda get revealed, but I could see Nunes putting a straight ass whipping on a shook Ronda or a re-motivated & fresh Ronda armbarring Nunes in 24 seconds or some **** like that. Right now I guess if forced to pick I think I've seen enough gaps in Nunes' game for that 24 second armbar to happen along with a guess that we'll see a renewed Ronda after a year off.

Comment

Yeah I think Holm will lose in her upcoming 145 match which may kill the need for Ronda to redeem herself after she beats Nunes.

And Warrior Of Light, you said that Nunes is no soccer mom? Neither are the three fighters that Rousey easily took out who beat Nunes. Amanda is a tough girl but she can't grapple with Rousey. Do you really think a freaking Thai boxer like Shevchenko would survive for half a match on the ground against Rousey like she did with Nunes?

Also, Nunes is not Holly Holm, she is a come-forward/stationary fighter that Rousey should have no problem closing the distance on. It is obviously not hard closing distance on a stationary opponent. All you have to do is hold your hands up in the right way ,tuck your chin and move inside . What Holm did was make Rousey chase her and initiate the attack, and when she opened up she clocked her.
      Last edited by res; 12-19-2016, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Personally impressed that Ronda is willing to come back in against such a good opponent. Will be a good fight.

As for Cyborg, is she even vaguely clean now?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Not sure who I'll pick in this one til its closer to fight time & more details on Ronda get revealed, but I could see Nunes putting a straight ass whipping on a shook Ronda or a re-motivated & fresh Ronda armbarring Nunes in 24 seconds or some **** like that. Right now I guess if forced to pick I think I've seen enough gaps in Nunes' game for that 24 second armbar to happen along with a guess that we'll see a renewed Ronda after a year off.
          This. Styles make fights, and Nunes perfect for Rousey come back fight.

Comment

Conor is real king and Nevada state diss him

Comment

Originally posted by Wibble View Post
              Personally impressed that Ronda is willing to come back in against such a good opponent. Will be a good fight.

As for Cyborg, is she even vaguely clean now?
              she has no choice. she pretty much got exposed by holly. if ronda comes back and fight against an easy opponent and loses, then that's the end for her and all the hype around it. if she loses to nunes, atleast she can say it was against the champ, etc.

Comment

I think Nunes stops Rousey.

Being off for a over a year, while sitting around and being depressed and dwelling on losing her last fight will only put even more pressure on her.

Nunes hits a lot harder than Holm and Ronda is not hard to hit. When she feels Nunes' power, Ronda will get overly aggressive and desperate for the finish which works with someone with no power like Bethe Correia, but her trading with Nunes will only get her stopped. Her idiot coach won't help either.

I respect Rousey for fighting the champ for her first fight back, but she should have taken a tune up first.

Comment

Going with Rhonda. She could be mentally damaged and fold with the first solid connect Nunes lands, but if she's anywhere close to her old self, she'll toss Nunes to the ground and snap that arm.

I think Rhonda hits significantly harder than Amanda, Nunes showed vs Zigano what her level is at. Nunes doesn't have the evasive style that gave an overaggressive Rousey trouble vs Holmes. She'll be there for Rhonda to hit and grab.

Picking Cruz to cruise over Garbrandt. That kid isn't ready for what Cruz brings to the table. Damn shame Velasquez got pulled, really hurts the card overall considering the two main fights might be one-sided. Dillashaw/Lineker might be the fight of the night.

Comment

LMFAO!

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                      Yeah I think Holm will lose in her upcoming 145 match which may kill the need for Ronda to redeem herself after she beats Nunes.

And Warrior Of Light, you said that Nunes is no soccer mom? Neither are the three fighters that Rousey easily took out who beat Nunes. Amanda is a tough girl but she can't grapple with Rousey. Do you really think a freaking Thai boxer like Shevchenko would survive for half a match on the ground against Rousey like she did with Nunes?

Also, Nunes is not Holly Holm, she is a come-forward/stationary fighter that Rousey should have no problem closing the distance on. It is obviously not hard closing distance on a stationary opponent. All you have to do is hold your hands up in the right way ,tuck your chin and move inside . What Holm did was make Rousey chase her and initiate the attack, and when she opened up she clocked her.

Yes - Holm has the perfect gameplay for Rousey (not to mention, in hindsight, it's pretty obvious she was on that juice).

Nunes is perfect for Rousey - sure - she has a puncher's chance like any fighter does in any fight - but she doesn't have much more than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X