Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: I Told Ward He Could Put a Glass Eye To Sleep!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    Froch is a draw at home, and nowhere else. That's how a lot of those fighters who fight overseas operate. We have so man sports outlets here in the states that we don't have to hang on to any one athlete who represents our entire country. Fans overseas tend to hang on to someone like a Sturm, Froch, Calzaghe or Klitschsko. Froch is a draw at home, nothing more.
    Lol. Sold out arenas in London, Nottingham, Denmark, Finland, Atlantic city twice and Cincinatti. Only a draw at home....

Don't know what the fuss is about. If Ward was exciting to the casual fan, either as a person or a boxer, he'd be on PPV. But he's not. Outside of hardcore fans, people don't know Andre Ward's name. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

Let me put it this way, I HAVE to see Froch's fights, but I'm happy checking Andre Ward's results the next day on the newspage.

Comment

froch can draw anywhere in his country,,can ward draw anywhere in the usa?..I don't think so,only in Oakland,i don't watch ward's fights because he really is boring,it gets to me watching fighters constantly hold inside,what about inside fighting?..as soon as they get close it's hold,hold,hold,and it just ruins the rhythm of the fight and I just end up getting up and just finishing the food and getting beer and talking about other things and ignoring the fight,there are other fighters will skills who don't hold all the time,i never saw finito lopez hold,jmm,many skilled fighters who don't make it boring

Comment

Sounds like Froch is looking for a reason to not get a lesson again.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          LOL, so true.

Ward won't travel to the UK, unless he can bring a shady referee who will allow excessive clinching/butting. He's skilled, no doubt; but he's a damn cheat and incredibly jealous of the attention Froch and Kessler are getting.
          Ward didn't even have to use spoiler tactics when he gave Froch a lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Lol. Sold out arenas in London, Nottingham, Denmark, Finland, Atlantic city twice and Cincinatti. Only a draw at home....

Don't know what the fuss is about. If Ward was exciting to the casual fan, either as a person or a boxer, he'd be on PPV. But he's not. Outside of hardcore fans, people don't know Andre Ward's name. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

Let me put it this way, I HAVE to see Froch's fights, but I'm happy checking Andre Ward's results the next day on the newspage.
            You got to be kidding but probably really believe this

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              Froch is a draw at home, and nowhere else. That's how a lot of those fighters who fight overseas operate. We have so man sports outlets here in the states that we don't have to hang on to any one athlete who represents our entire country. Fans overseas tend to hang on to someone like a Sturm, Froch, Calzaghe or Klitschsko. Froch is a draw at home, nothing more.
              Ward isn't even a draw in his backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                Why do people insist on lying about Ward being boring? This guy does not clinch and headbutt anymore. He is violent as hell, takes risk, fights on the inside, has dangerous killer instinct, and will beat the bloody pulp out of you. When he raped Froch he forced him around the ring and had the crowd going wild. When he battered Dawson, he got multiple knockdowns, and beat the crap out of him. Froch is a boring slow bu brawler. Jabbed his way to a victory against Kessler. Ward is going to STOP Froch and victimize him horribly.
                Jabbed his way to victory agains Kessler?? sure he jabbed, but that fight he headbutted his way to victory. While I hate Ward for not giving Kessler a clean fight I agree with you on everything else, he didnt fight dirty since that fight. Im sure he knew Kessler was the biggest thread to him and in his own backyard he could get away with his dirty tactics, so smart move after all.
                I give Froch the punchers chance but I cant see him pulling that off unless Ward gets too ****y. IMO Ward can toy with Froch all night, but if he really wants to put him out he can.

Comment

Froch's Smash-Up Boxing style has peoples feathers ruffled..... Ward will out box Froch again (probably) anyway (don't know why people are so defensive of Ward since Saturday night when they know he'll beat Froch, ****) but if they start Smash-Up Boxing Froch will kill hahahaha!

Such pure boxers as Ward and others are intriguing to watch and are effective, but i think people are bothered that the old Smash-Up Boxing style is just 'in', always was, always will be. Man i love some motherphuking Smash-Up Boxing.....

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

When was Froch ever on PPV? If I remember correctly I believe I even watched the Bute fight on Epix. I also have a few casual boxing fans in my own family that don't know who Froch is.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                      froch can draw anywhere in his country,,can ward draw anywhere in the usa?..I don't think so,only in Oakland,i don't watch ward's fights because he really is boring,it gets to me watching fighters constantly hold inside,what about inside fighting?..as soon as they get close it's hold,hold,hold,and it just ruins the rhythm of the fight and I just end up getting up and just finishing the food and getting beer and talking about other things and ignoring the fight,there are other fighters will skills who don't hold all the time,i never saw finito lopez hold,jmm,many skilled fighters who don't make it boring
                      USA has hockey, basketball, baseball, and the grand daddy football. UK has what soccer and......

I dont mind the fight in the UK cause crowds are like soccer crowds and thsts fun but as for drawing its a different animal in both countries. Ive mentioned it before that ward has the clear victory so if a 35 year old is happy with money over legacy than i have no problem. He just became big so no need to fight a fight he cant win.

Comment

Working...
                      X