Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many arms did Shinya Aoki break/dislocate??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many arms did Shinya Aoki break/dislocate??

I just watched a Shinya Aoki highlight which is very well done, but you could see in the vid that Aoki was basically always breaking arms/joints in those clips. And I wonder if there isnt some kind of agreement among fighters that you give your opponent the opportunity to tap out before damage like that is done. This guy looks like the moment he has a Kimura he breaks the joint/arm, same as Ronda Rousey.
    Here is the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtiExYDh7Po
    What do you guys think about that? I think its disgusting. Aoki is a good fighter but I dont wanna see broken or dislocated arms over and over again. Do you guys think he enjoys it? Cause I think some guys go into a ring/octagon to break arms.

Btw is Frank Mir related to Aoki?
    Last edited by raskat; 09-20-2012, 02:40 PM.

ronda does that shyt on purpose. she's like that 205 brazilian dude who breaks people's shyt after they tap. but i think ronda does it that way cause her first fight, the chick tried to gracie-tap.

aoki gives them an opportunity to tap. he'll break it though if they don't.

iminari is even worse than aoki. he locks in anything, 2 seconds it's shredded. tore mike brown's knee apart. (they train together, unsurprisingly)

Comment

I don't think that any of the names listed consciously go out with the goal of breaking bones/dislocating joints. Simply, that's what happens when people don't tap. They certainly do not try not to break it. They won't stop until it's broken (actually, they won't stop then either), so the onus is really on the opponent to tap. Same goes for Rousey, who learned to fight this way due to the "gracie tap" Flicker mentioned. What it is though is that when someone like Rhousey or Aoki armbars a person, if they don't tap it is getting popped.

Comment

i think palhares did it on purpose to drawl when he snapped his ankle.

speaking of broken limbs im still shell shocked cro cop never broke anything when gonzaga put him to sleep at UFC 70 that was the sickest thing ive ever seen in MMA up there with cory hills shin wrapping around whoever he fought that last time in the UFC.

Sickest thing ive ever seen in sports is shaun livingstons knee give out on a fast break in the nba

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Yes he does, but he's doing his job so you can't fault him. I know guys who've fought him and they feel the same way. Aoki goes in with bad intent, not just to win, but to maim. He's the oddest alpha male there is.
          Last edited by Japanese Boxing; 09-20-2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            ronda does that shyt on purpose. she's like that 205 brazilian dude who breaks people's shyt after they tap. but i think ronda does it that way cause her first fight, the chick tried to gracie-tap.

aoki gives them an opportunity to tap. he'll break it though if they don't.

iminari is even worse than aoki. he locks in anything, 2 seconds it's shredded. tore mike brown's knee apart. (they train together, unsurprisingly)
            bro, how does Aoiki give them an opportunity to tap when he breaks the arm the exact moment he has the armbar? He doesnt even wait. even in the BJJ clips at the beginning you can see the opponent immediately taps and Aoki breaks the joint the moment he has the armbar.

Comment

Fabio Maldonado sue me. When do you ever post here and i dont see you proving wrong the facts i just laid out. Who is a better opponent then bonnar whos actually available and more qualified to fight Silva at 205?

And Fabio Maldonado has been in nothing but wars since hes been with UFC his fight with kingsbury was epic. Glover looks beastly too if anybodys watched him before the UFC he was the first to lay out Sokojodu and if wasnt for visa issues would been a top 10 LHW at this point by now and Rampage tho he will always be my favoritr was not a sure win at this point after Bader beat him. Fabio and Glover are the future of LHW why not havr them in the spotlight of a Anderson Silva card, both love to trade bombs itll be a sick fight while it lasts.

How is this card garbage compared to other crappy cards we were fed this year? Their all match ups guranteed to be exciting besides if Fitch can take silva down before he gets hit. And i actually consider myself a fan of his you never hear me call him LNP. Fitch vs Alves 2, Pierce and BJ werent boring imo he constantly worked position and submissions even had exchanges with alvesand survived pierce last barrage when he was hurt, and trashed BJ in round 3.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
              X