Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the klitschko's the only Europeans to "never" leave Europe but have a HOF legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

You pretend like its not a shot at them but it is. You didnt do your HW and make no sense with this thread.

Im not sure how Hatton secured his legacy in the US either, going 2-4 and losing his only 2 big fights
    Why are you so defensive. Do you think I'm some sort of racist because I like Mayweather or something?

Show me one post/thread in my history where I've said anything negative about Wlad or Vitali? I'll wait.

So what would slightly make you think that I'm taking a "shot" at the K2 bros?

The way you're reacting in this thread, makes me think that you think I'm racist or something. Which is ironic, because you have a deep track record/trend of hating on African American fighters.

Relax man, not everyone is like yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      I understand what you mean

You pretend like its not a shot at them but it is. You didnt do your HW and make no sense with this thread.

Im not sure how Hatton secured his legacy in the US either, going 2-4 and losing his only 2 big fights
      You sound "butthurt"

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        Even Calzaghe, Hatton, Lewis and Schmeling had to leave Europe at some point to try and cap off their legacy. Dariuz never left and how he's looked at in the future will suffer because of it.

But, I think the K2 bros are in a position to where they never have to leave Europe and will go down in history as one of the greatest in history.

What do you think and are there any other Europeans in this position?

There aren't any that I know of.
        The Klitschko's have both fought in the US several times, but I do understand the point you are making. They can keep fighting in Germany if they like and still make it easily.
        Last edited by Mr. Invincible; 03-16-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

why would they come fight here when no1 wants to see them here? i kno its fun to criticize the bros, but this isnt a valid criticism. there are no good heavyweights for them to fight here and they make a killing fighting in euro land.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
            The Klitschko's have both fought in the US several times, but I do understand the point you are making. They can keep fighting in Gernany if they like and still make it easily.
            Exactly. Things haven't always been this way.

Comment

Exactly. Things haven't always been this way.
              It's because the best in the division were predominantly American. Now they aren't.

Comment

Boxing is never going to be big in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
                  It's because the best in the division were predominantly American. Now they aren't.
                  Yes, up until now, European fighters have had to normally fight in the U.S to build on their legacy. Normally, they would challenge an American champion and end up losing; therefore, losing their leverage to fight on their home turf (Europe). But now, it's completely different times.

I think Calzaghe would've been the only other European that would've had the chance to defend his belt on his home turf, like the K2 bros do, but obviously he ended up retiring.
                  Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 03-16-2012, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Yes, up until now, European fighters have had to normally fight in the U.S to build on their legacy. Normally, they would challenge an American champion and end up losing; therefore, losing their leverage to fight on their home turf (Europe). But now, it's completely different times.

I think Calzaghe would've been the only other European that would've had the chance to defend his belt on his home turf, like the K2 bros do, but obviously he ended up retiring.
                    I think Calzaghe came across at an opportune time, the Klitschko's came across, made a good name, now fight overseas, make a good living and draw more fans to arena's that anyone else in boxing, including Pacquiao, as long as he's not fighting Mayweather that is.

Comment

The only time that "he needs to leave his country and fight outside his home to make a name/ complete his legacy" critique is when a fighter has never left his home/and or has not fought anybody of noteworthy.

The k bros not only have fought every heavyweight they could fight but have fought all over the world including the U.S. It doesnt even matter if you never leave your friendly confines as long as you fight who you need to fight to make a name for yourself.

This is just a dumb misguided thread trying to hate on the k bros.

Comment

Working...
                      X