Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Floyd's straight right? What Pac will do when that happens....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a key for Pacquiao is trying to counter Mayweather if he does his leaping left hook. I think if Manny catches him correctly when he throws that he could knock Floyd down.

Another key is to try and steal rounds with flurries if he manages to trap Mayweather in any corners. He should watch out with his lunging in as the Marquez fights showed and he will have to make sure he doesn't get frustrated as he has looked annoyed when previous oppenents start to move alot.

The straight right from Floyd is something I don't see Pacquiao being able to stop. Margarito and Cotto weren't keeping good distance and/or were lunging so Pac was in range and with his handspeed he would always beat them to the punch.

What impresses me about Mayweather is how he throws off-beat so its hard to time. He can shoot that right hand before he is visibly set to throw, whilst still remaining in perfect balance. That makes it almost impossible to time, because he can and will throw it at any moment. I also see Mayweather bringing back his uppercut and jab (not so much vs Ortiz) which I think are tools he is intending on using vs Pacquiao.

It will be interesting to see how Manny deals with JMM this time around - I think Roach may want Manny to go some rounds with Marquez to get used to fighting a counterpuncher again and prepare himself for a Mayweather showdown.

Comment

margo is slow as **** man....terrible comparism

Comment

Originally posted by apokalips View Post
        I think a key for Pacquiao is trying to counter Mayweather if he does his leaping left hook. I think if Manny catches him correctly when he throws that he could knock Floyd down.

Another key is to try and steal rounds with flurries if he manages to trap Mayweather in any corners. He should watch out with his lunging in as the Marquez fights showed and he will have to make sure he doesn't get frustrated as he has looked annoyed when previous oppenents start to move alot.

The straight right from Floyd is something I don't see Pacquiao being able to stop. Margarito and Cotto weren't keeping good distance and/or were lunging so Pac was in range and with his handspeed he would always beat them to the punch.

What impresses me about Mayweather is how he throws off-beat so its hard to time. He can shoot that right hand before he is visibly set to throw, whilst still remaining in perfect balance. That makes it almost impossible to time, because he can and will throw it at any moment. I also see Mayweather bringing back his uppercut and jab (not so much vs Ortiz) which I think are tools he is intending on using vs Pacquiao.

It will be interesting to see how Manny deals with JMM this time around - I think Roach may want Manny to go some rounds with Marquez to get used to fighting a counterpuncher again and prepare himself for a Mayweather showdown.

Comment

Working...
        X