No announcement yet.

sparring in japan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparring in japan

this is my first time sparring in another gym in kyoto, japan. he was a middle weight and taller than me. i know i need to jab more and not dropping my hands, but i looking for other points i need to work on. im a superwelter, with no am exp. been boxing for a little over a year and a half. turned pro in march of this year and will be having my debut in july. well thanks for all the criticism and comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5L02SgaRRA

You're very good for only a year and a half. I think you will get all the help you need with whoever is handling you. Work on you combinations as well and try to put them together more fluently. Other than that you have great form, placement, and technique.

Comment

thanks for the tips. and yeah, i will work on my combinations more. recenlty i have been sparring more, so im getting more and more experience in the ring, which is so important.

Comment

That was good stuff. I like that you lead with your right hand every now and then, this is good since most opponents don't expect that. Try throwing the lead right hand at your opponent's stomach. Also, try to go to the body more since it seems like you were only going for the head. You have good head and waist movement, some of it reminds me of Mike Tyson. Remember to use your jab to set something up, otherwise he might hit you coming in. Also, remember to use everything in you arsenal: jabs, hooks, uppercuts, etc. Good job, though.

Comment

good job buddy, I like the way you move your head and counter, if you can keep that same rythm during a whole fight, you'll be hard to beat.

Comment

yeah, i need to continue that pace and style for the whole fight. im working on that. and that stamina and endurance is why i think pacquiao is so dangerous. thanks for the tips and i will continue to better my self.

Comment

u turning pro soon eh??? another easy feed for the bigger fishes

Comment

lmao no fights in the amateurs and you turned pro?
                the tall guy is terrible btw. try to find some better competition. if this is what youre gonna train with leading up to your pro fight you will get shredded to pieces

anyway hard to tell you what to work on when you have a boob like that in front of you that doesnt know much about boxing and gets hit big shots from the outside even tho hes got like a 50 inch reach advantage

that said you take too many shots, you need to work a lot on your counter punching and avoid taking shots to the face and body. a lot of times youll peek a boo and your body is exposed, an experienced fighter is gonna set you up for that and pick you apart with body shots. you are also reachin a lot when you throw punches and you get off balance, thats cause of your size but still. your footwork needs a lot of work when you throw punches, you have wooden hips it seems, you only punch with your arms. use your hips, turn your hips in when you punch. also your right hand looks bad at times when you throw a 1-2 or just a straight right.

that said you do look good for a guy thats only been training like 1 1/2 year. but its also noticeable in your technique, you have a lot of flaws still that you need to work on. good luck in the pros. try finding a different gym or other sparring partners that have fought in the pros because you set yourself up for failure with guys like that

Comment

if u turn pro in japan then youl have no problem...but stick there untill you get better

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                    lmao no fights in the amateurs and you turned pro?
                    the tall guy is terrible btw. try to find some better competition. if this is what youre gonna train with leading up to your pro fight you will get shredded to pieces

anyway hard to tell you what to work on when you have a boob like that in front of you that doesnt know much about boxing and gets hit big shots from the outside even tho hes got like a 50 inch reach advantage

that said you take too many shots, you need to work a lot on your counter punching and avoid taking shots to the face and body. a lot of times youll peek a boo and your body is exposed, an experienced fighter is gonna set you up for that and pick you apart with body shots. you are also reachin a lot when you throw punches and you get off balance, thats cause of your size but still. your footwork needs a lot of work when you throw punches, you have wooden hips it seems, you only punch with your arms. use your hips, turn your hips in when you punch. also your right hand looks bad at times when you throw a 1-2 or just a straight right.

that said you do look good for a guy thats only been training like 1 1/2 year. but its also noticeable in your technique, you have a lot of flaws still that you need to work on. good luck in the pros. try finding a different gym or other sparring partners that have fought in the pros because you set yourself up for failure with guys like that
                    wow, straight no chaser. but thats the kind of criticism i want. Truthly i started boxing 5 years ago for 1 year, and 7 months ago started again and became a pro this year march. for me, its just an experience to see how far i can go. im already 30 so its not like im young and have plans of becoming world champ. but i do want to do my best and take this seriously.

and yeah, i will stay in japan and fight. but what is difficult is finding people to spar my size here. yeah, dude i sparred just turned pro recenlty too, so he wasnt that good. but recently i have been sparring with lighter weights with pro and am experience so ill get my lessons in the ring. i dont have much time so i will take your advice to heart and work more on my technique and other flaws. the sky is the limit and im trying to fly. and thanks again, i appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                    X