No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
    Hey man, I just watched the fight again a few minutes ago. Here's what I think. The commentators need to be fired!!! They are so bogus man. They were talking about how good Floyd's defense is while he was clearly being hit in round 8 which was the turning point in the fight. They acted casual and continued to disrespect what Cotto was doing. As far as the fight goes, according to the jugdes, Cotto might as well not haved showed up!! 118-110!?? REALLY!? Cotto won 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 i.m.o. and you could make a case for 5 as well. The scores should have been 115-114 or a DRAW. Floyd didn't take his title clearly. Floyd won the 12th clearly but I can't say he took Cotto's title man. He tried to do his typical Floyd stuff but he was in there with another A-level opponent that night. He thought Cotto would fade and bust up but little to his surprise, his defense and stamina has improved. With a few adjustments, he'll win a rematch but we all know Floyd won't give him one. Great fight nontheless.
    I agree with you!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      Manny will not land nearly as much on Floyd as he did on Cotto.

Even Manny himself knows that.
      Of course he won't given Floyd's defense, but he'll land enough to get a win IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puya View Post
        I agree with you!!
        I do NOT! I think Max Kellerman's pretty cute and Manny Steward sounds cuddly. Come on! HBO PPV wouldn't be the same without dear Larry telling Floyd that he'll kick Money butt if he had a time machine.
        Last edited by Clove97; 05-19-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clove97 View Post
          The fight was closer than I expected( and how Floyd said it was gonna be let's not forget that ) and Floyd got hit more than usual. Had it 117-111 and I that was me being impressed with Miguel Cotto and trying my best not to yawn. But what does this say about Floyd's chances if he fights Pacquiao? I'd say it's pretty even because styles make fights. Though I would lean towards Manny of Floyd decides to "please the fans and give them an exciting fight" again. If he tries the stand-up on Manny he might get something a lot worse than a nosebleed. If it's A-OK, don't fix it, and don't fix it late.
          So what it about their respective styles that makes you think that Paq-May is an even fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            Carpe Diem who is that girl in your post ?

Comment

Hey man, I just watched the fight again a few minutes ago. Here's what I think. The commentators need to be fired!!! They are so bogus man. They were talking about how good Floyd's defense is while he was clearly being hit in round 8 which was the turning point in the fight. They acted casual and continued to disrespect what Cotto was doing. As far as the fight goes, according to the jugdes, Cotto might as well not haved showed up!! 118-110!?? REALLY!? Cotto won 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 i.m.o. and you could make a case for 5 as well. The scores should have been 115-114 or a DRAW. Floyd didn't take his title clearly. Floyd won the 12th clearly but I can't say he took Cotto's title man. He tried to do his typical Floyd stuff but he was in there with another A-level opponent that night. He thought Cotto would fade and bust up but little to his surprise, his defense and stamina has improved. With a few adjustments, he'll win a rematch but we all know Floyd won't give him one. Great fight nontheless.
              I knew you would scored it that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenixbb View Post
                Carpe Diem who is that girl in your post ?
                Madalina Ghenea.

Comment

You're a biased moron.

All you did in the build up was talk about how Cotto was going to beat Mayweather and to no surprise after the fight and Cotto losing clearly you're talking nonsense.

The 118-110 Scorecard was fine. All 3 cards were fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    You're a biased moron.

All you did in the build up was talk about how Cotto was going to beat Mayweather and to no surprise after the fight and Cotto losing clearly you're talking nonsense.

The 118-110 Scorecard was fine. All 3 cards were fine.
                    ^^^ This. I can't stand fans who are like him.

Comment

• I had the fight 115-113 but there were a lot of close rounds and I can see why Mayweather might've swayed the judges with his clean punching. But Las Vegas judges have historically favoured aggression - look at Hopkins-Calzaghe. Cotto was the Ring General and he showed good defense. Mayweather was the clean puncher with a great defense. To say Cotto lost 9 or 10 rounds is just stupid. 7-5 Mayweather. Good fight. 2007-2008 Cotto takes any version of Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X