No announcement yet.

Xbox 360 or PS3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Xbox 360 or PS3

I currently own a 360. But am really thinking about getting a PS3 slimline. I was thinkin about trading my xbox in and puttin like $150 towards it to.

But am I making the right move? How good are the PS3's? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

PS3 does everything!!! but seriously they are awesome, i just put a bigger hdd in mine and i figured out how to stream from my laptop to PS3...still so much more i havent even learned how to do...and it plays games!

Comment

Comment

PS3 is definatley worth it. Plus there are some good games coming out this year and online is free!

Comment

I own all three, I play the Wii least (it's unplugged sitting in a corner haven't touched it for over half a year)

Xbox get used occassionally, for exclusives like Mass Effect and Halo etc. but it falls by the way side because I find my PS3 caters to all my needs, I use it every single day. I watch TV on it (PlayTV), I play games on it, I watch Dvds/Blu-Rays and run movies off it from the hard drive. I play online, I use BBC i-player (proberbly not relevant in the US), I casually browse the internet on it (even this site).

The selection of games personally is a lot better too for me. Using Metacritic and games that got above 85 (using that as a cut off point and exclusiding XBL and PSN games)

Xbox has (exclusively):______________Playstation has (exclusively)
          Fable 2 (89)______________________Heavy Rain (89)
          Halo 3 (94)________________________Metal Gear Solid 4 (94)
          Forza 2 (90)_______________________ Uncharted 2 (96)
          Forza 3 (92)_______________________Uncharted 1 (88)
          Mass Effect 1 (91)__________________LittleBigPlanet (95)
          Mass Effect 2 (96)__________________Killzone 2 (91)
          Dead Rising (85)____________________God of War Collection (91)
          Dead or Alive 4 (85)_________________ MLB 09: The Show (90)
          Project Gotham Racing 3 (88)_________Demon's Souls (89)
          Project Gotham Racing 4 (85)_________R & C: Tools of Destruction(89)
          Left 4 Dead 1 (89)__________________R & C: Crack in Time (87)
          Left 4 Dead 2 (89)__________________Valkyria Chronicles (86)
          Gears of War 1 (94)_________________Resistance: Fall of Man (86)
          Gears of War 2 (93)_________________Resistance 2 (87)
          Call of Duty 2 (89)__________________Ninja Gaiden Sigma (88)
          _________________________________InFamous (85)
          _________________________________WipeOut HD (87)

In terms of anticipated confirmed upcoming exclusives Xbox has:
          Alan Wake
          Splinter Cell: Conviction
          Halo: Reach
          Crackdown 2
          Natal
          Project Milo
          Fable 3
          Gears of War 3 (not yet confirmed but expected may be on xbox console after 360)

In terms of anticipated confirmed Ps3 exclusives it has:
          God of War 3
          Agent
          Gran Turismo 5
          The Last Guardian
          Resistance 3
          Killzone 3 (to be announced at e3 not formal yet)
          Infamous 2 (to be announced at e3 not formal yet)
          Final Fantasy 14
          Final Fantasy 13 Versus
          Modnation Racers
          Playstation Motion Controller

Some will turn out to be flops, I really scoured the internet, I hope that helps.
          Last edited by Ryn0; 02-11-2010, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Slim for the win.

Comment

Get both for ****s sake, they arent that expensive, and are botha about as good as each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                Get both for ****s sake, they arent that expensive, and are botha about as good as each other.
                Not everyone has $500 to spend freely (more than that if you want a higher end 360) not to mention the costs of another controller, wireless headset, xbox live, wireless adaptor for 360 (assuming your too far away from your router) and games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  Not everyone has $500 to spend freely (more than that if you want a higher end 360) not to mention the costs of another controller, wireless headset, xbox live, wireless adaptor for 360 (assuming your too far away from your router) and games.
                  Yep excatly man. How much do you think I will get for a Xbox 360 with two pads, five games, a memory card, and a headset? And it's all in good condition?

Comment

Originally posted by The Underdog View Post
                    Yep excatly man. How much do you think I will get for a Xbox 360 with two pads, five games, a memory card, and a headset? And it's all in good condition?
                    If you are planning on selling all of that, I wouldn't go to a game store. If you want references to the value of your gear, check on Ebay or Kijiji or something like that. There is a good chance you will find someone who is selling the similar items that you want to sell.

Again I warn you, avoid selling your 360's items to places such as EB games. You will get ripped gauranteed.

Comment

Working...
                    X