Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a Prime Antonio Margarito (05-09) beat a past prime Mayweather at 37 years old?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could a Prime Antonio Margarito (05-09) beat a past prime Mayweather at 37 years old?

At some point during the 10th I just stop scoring the fight at 10-0 Floyd and for some reason Margarito popped into my head. And I remembered how everyone thought he would be some kind of " tough" challenge for Floyd back in 2005-2006.

Now Margarito has long since been beat up and retired into promoting but I couldnt even see him beating the version of Floyd that fought Canelo. Almost 8-9 years after the Marg-Floyd stuff was going around. I think he couldve won a round or 2 tops. What say you?

I still think it's a tough fight for Floyd, he'd need to work hard. Margarito doesn't stop, he has stamina, iron chin and heavy hands that stay powerful the entire fight. Floyd would beat him but lose a couple of rounds, and he'd have to stay on point every minute of the fight.

Comment

Oh great. Another "Floyd beat A so that counts as a win over B " thread

Comment

Can he beat margarito with plaster? No. But marg without the plaster easily

Comment

I think he'd pose some problems.

Comment

He's just too slow and constant pressure means nothing if you can't hit Floyd while he's hitting you. Atleast he wouldn't need plaster in a fight with Floyd

Comment

He's just too slow and constant pressure means nothing if you can't hit Floyd while he's hitting you. Atleast he wouldn't need plaster in a fight with Floyd

Comment

He'll beat ANY form of Margarito. With or without plaster, one eye or two eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Oh great. Another "Floyd beat A so that counts as a win over B " thread

Where does I say its as a win? Save the sassy comments and go troll in another thread you fuccin tosspot. Im asking how would he have done against a past prime Floyd.

Its right there in the opening post in plain english.

Comment

I don't believe anyone genuinely thinks Tony would have beaten Mayweather then or now. But it would have been interesting to see how Mayweather would have dealt with an incredibly durable, supremely well-conditioned, relentless swarmer who had the will and determination that few others possessed.

Mayweather had just moved up to that weight class, was relatively small for it at that particular time and it was a pretty compelling fight around 2006-2008. Floyd potentially could have whitewashed him and pitched a shutout, or he potentially could have found himself in a difficult, competitive bout against a man who could have zero respect for his power and who was capable of setting the sort of pace that would unsettle the smaller, economical counter-puncher and favour the bigger, perhaps stronger, high-volume punching pressure fighter.

I'm not saying it would happen for certain, but Floyd wouldn't be the first outstanding talent to face adversity with regards to a fighter who's will is every bit as strong as his opponents considerable skill.

Comment

Working...
                    X