Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Strikeforce card: 4 title fights!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Last Strikeforce card: 4 title fights!!!

I'm surprised this card isn't getting a lot of buzz.

There are 4 TITLE FIGHTS on the card.

Lightweight Championship: Gilbert Melendez vs. Pat Healy
    Welterweight Championship: Nate Marquardt vs. Tarec Saffiedine
    Middleweight Championship: Luke Rockhold vs. Lorenz Larkin
    Heavyweight Championship: Daniel Cormier vs. Dion Staring

I expect all the champions to win except Rockhold. I think Lorenz will pull off the upset.

Gil is out with that same shoulder injury. He isn't even helping Nate train right now...

Comment

Rockhold vs. Larkin is the only really intriguing matchup on the card though. The rest seem like mismatches...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        Gil is out with that same shoulder injury. He isn't even helping Nate train right now...
        awww wtf. that sucks.

still an epic card.

Comment

Good to see top fighters on the card BUT mismatches. Most people I know just want this to be over so they can move over to the UFC for some intriguing match ups.

Comment

heard they might put in the punk thompson vs healy for an interim belt even though that wouldnt be necessary since its the last event for strikeforce...

Comment

Anyone remember that part in Goodfellas, where the restaurant owner is having problems, so he gets the powerful gangster to become co-owner in the business, and before long the valuable goods are being taken out of the back door, and then not long after that the gangsters burn the place to the ground?

Yeah, that's what the Zuffa-Strikeforce deal reminds me of.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Anyone remember that part in Goodfellas, where the restaurant owner is having problems, so he gets the powerful gangster to become co-owner in the business, and before long the valuable goods are being taken out of the back door, and then not long after that the gangsters burn the place to the ground?

Yeah, that's what the Zuffa-Strikeforce deal reminds me of.
                well thats a very loose comparison.

The powerful gangster(Tony Soprano) didn't own another restuarant that was the best restaurant in town so he could import the best chefs and waiters from that restaurent to his better restaurant to make the better restaurant even better.

your comparison makes this sound like a bad thing. personally I like it. just like the pride merger, I am excited about all the matchups. The UFC and mma world is better for it.

As long as another mma organization comes along(Bellator, WSOF) to keep things interesting and to get us talking about potential matchups between champions. But eventually those matchups would have to happen. And then we could start that process over again.

I'm kinda blabbering here but you get the point.

Comment

Yeah true, but it still sucks to a lot of fans when Zuffa just comes along and buys out the competition. As long as someone comes along to compete with the UFC, it will keep it interesting, but by the time they become major competition, Zuffa will just try and buy them out again, starting this all over. A lot more fans hope that someone comes along that can compete with the UFC and not have to get taken over, like some kind of gangster or WWE style takeover. Without the yakuza ties, Pride seems to have come the closest to pulling that off. I hope another organization that big comes along that can really compete with the UFC, because those were some truly exciting days. Pride rules were fun, except for the no elbows on the ground, that just sucked, but the soccer kicks and stomps were great, gave strikers more of a chance to win and escape submissions. Geez, talk about rambling. Here's hoping it can happen again in a few years.

Comment

When is this card? I'll be keeping an eye out for it on Showtime.

Comment

Working...
                    X