Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Eyes Juan Manuel Marquez, Ricky Burns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I'm sure Danny Garcia would be interested in becoming target practice for Broner, that is if he gets past Judah.

Comment

I may not like Broner but a lot of these guys at 135/140 are too easy to hit. Everyone can be beaten and Broner is no exception but there are not that many with a tight defence at the 135-140 range. But Broner is not going to make anyone forget all-time great Mosley at Lightweight. He would have sapped Broner's strength through body punching and he was much faster, busier, and better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
        Marquez can't make 135 anymore without sacrificing his health...Thats like saying Pacquiao can still make 135 when Marquez was bigger than Pacquiao last time they fought..
        Which is why I said, "JMM won't be willing to drain himself down to 135 at this point in his career." Broner needs to go to 140 to make it happen. To me its the perfect fight for Broner to breakthrough to the P4P ranks. JMM is getting a little long in the tooth, still will be considered P4P, and we already saw how JMM looked against the shoulder roll style. If I'm Broner, I'm doing whatever to make this fight happen. Kinda reminds me of the Pac-DLH situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          Marquez can't make 135 anymore without sacrificing his health...Thats like saying Pacquiao can still make 135 when Marquez was bigger than Pacquiao last time they fought..
          Originally posted by richardt View Post
          I may not like Broner but a lot of these guys at 135/140 are too easy to hit. Everyone can be beaten and Broner is no exception but there are not that many with a tight defence at the 135-140 range. But Broner is not going to make anyone forget all-time great Mosley at Lightweight. He would have sapped Broner's strength through body punching and he was much faster, busier, and better fighter.
          So the child has fought one championship fight in the lightweight division and we're already ****in' on him saying he's not as good as one of the top 5 all-tune in the division. <<>>

Comment

Broner is too young, fast, and strong for Marquez. I would hate to see Marquez take a beating at this point in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Too bad Shane only had one quality win at the weight over Holiday. Shane H2H at 135 was probably Top 5. But he damn sure doesn't have a good 135 resume.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                Which is why I said, "JMM won't be willing to drain himself down to 135 at this point in his career." Broner needs to go to 140 to make it happen. To me its the perfect fight for Broner to breakthrough to the P4P ranks. JMM is getting a little long in the tooth, still will be considered P4P, and we already saw how JMM looked against the shoulder roll style. If I'm Broner, I'm doing whatever to make this fight happen. Kinda reminds me of the Pac-DLH situation.
                Only Marquez can still fight. Oscar was DONE in 2008 and fighting somewhere he hadn't been in like 8 years.

Comment

Marquez would fight Bradley before he'd even consider broner ..

Comment

So the child has fought one championship fight in the lightweight division and we're already ****in' on him saying he's not as good as one of the top 5 all-tune in the division. <<>>
                    Anytime you get a new star or potential star in a division, people will compare them to those who were great or exceptional and either they will compare or they will not make you forget the ones who came before. This is not new to Boxing, perhaps you are.
                    Last edited by richardt; 11-18-2012, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Too bad Shane only had one quality win at the weight over Holiday. Shane H2H at 135 was probably Top 5. But he damn sure doesn't have a good 135 resume.
                      Jessie James Leija and the still viable John John Molina were solid wins against former champs, along with Holiday who had a good run himself. Mosley was special. He will be sadly missed.

Comment

Working...
                      X