Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone watch Khan-Brook on Ringside?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Who doesn't want a multi-million dollar payday and a shot at world titles?
    Hes basically implying Brook should unify and fight him. Hes coming off 2 devastating losses and not even fought at 147 yet.
    He ought to get back in line and work his way up himself without dictating to others like he is above them when he certainly isn't & is in no position to call the shots.

Am sure you know your boxing so stop posting ignorant sheet, Khan can lose his next fight and he still would have more pull than Bradley and Brooks combined, Brooks is not there yet and he needs something to make him attractive to any named boxer, a Brooks with a belt around his waist makes him an attractive option to someone like Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Am sure you know your boxing so stop posting ignorant sheet, Khan can lose his next fight and he still would have more pull than Bradley and Brooks combined, Brooks is not there yet and he needs something to make him attractive to any named boxer, a Brooks with a belt around his waist makes him an attractive option to someone like Khan.

I disagree, I don't think Amir is the draw hes made out to be and he certainly isn't now though he maybe a bigger draw for the wrong reasons really. His vulnerability.

Kell Brook actually has very good drawing power and after a decent tear up with Jones I can only presume his stock will of risen. Hes selling out 10,000 arena's in the U.K as I'm sure you're aware.

Comment

I disagree, I don't think Amir is the draw hes made out to be and he certainly isn't now though he maybe a bigger draw for the wrong reasons really. His vulnerability.

Kell Brook actually has very good drawing power and after a decent tear up with Jones I can only presume his stock will of risen. Hes selling out 10,000 arena's in the U.K as I'm sure you're aware.
        Dan I agree with you if you are talking about traditional UK boxing fans but Khan has a huge South Asian/ Pakastani niche following who are not regular boxing fans. Khan is huge in Pakistan and they will watch him whoever he fights.

Comment

What sort of numbers does Khan generate?

If Brook beats Saldivia & Alexander or Bradley. He is world class, hes got a world title where Khan doesn't & is top of the crop, kind of bordering elite level why should he be looking at fighting Khan? A 140lb fighter whose just got destroyed twice back-to-back, Khan has to get back on track.

I understand from a financial standpoint this sounds good and it would be super in the U.K but is it the best route/career move?
          Presuming he beats the above, I mean if you was Brook wouldn't you be targeting a mega payday to fight Mayweather? Pacquaio? Or maybe even Canelo or? Hell maybe even Cotto at 154 or at a catchweight.
          Harder fights for absolute sure but a hell of a lot more rewarding.

I dunno, I'm tired & rambling

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
            I seem to remember thinking Khan wasn't going to make it through round 10. Maybe I just imagined that, but I have been sober for 5 years so I think I know what I saw that night.

There is nothing worse than a fighter with a big mouth who never backs it up. For some reason, the UK seems to send a lot of them over to the U.S.

Khan and Haye have been two of the biggest disappointments I've seen since I've followed this sport. I didn't expect Haye to beat the Klitschko's, but I at least expected him to put up a fight. Khan was supposed to tear through 140 and 147 and become a contender to Mayweather or Pacquiao. Well, that's pretty much never going to happen.
            How is Khan a disappointment? When people hate on a fighter they hold them to ridiculously high standards. Before the Maidana fight was made people claimed he would duck him then people claimed he would knock Maidana out. Fight night Khan outboxed him to a comfortable win.

He beat a top 140lb is Malignaggi and Kotelnik. He lost to a drug cheat in Peterson ( some feel he won). His only blip at 140lb is against Garcia.

Comment

If Brook beats Saldivia & Alexander or Bradley. He is world class, hes got a world title where Khan doesn't & is top of the crop, kind of bordering elite level why should he be looking at fighting Khan? A 140lb fighter whose just got destroyed twice back-to-back, Khan has to get back on track.

I understand from a financial standpoint this sounds good and it would be super in the U.K but is it the best route/career move?
              Presuming he beats the above, I mean if you was Brook wouldn't you be targeting a mega payday to fight Mayweather? Pacquaio? Or maybe even Canelo or? Hell maybe even Cotto at 154 or at a catchweight.
              Harder fights for absolute sure but a hell of a lot more rewarding.

IF BROOK wins those fights he will be a world champ. AK has already been at that level and been a 2 time world champion and unified. By the time brook is done fighting unknown people such as saldivia who really is not that great and finally has a title shot, AK will be champ again and you can bank on that.

Comment

Don't know why Khan is still talking about the sparring, its irrelevant now that was 8+ years ago, both have developed into different fighters.

And again its sparring, which means very little in terms of what would happen in a real fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
                  Don't know why Khan is still talking about the sparring, its irrelevant now that was 8+ years ago, both have developed into different fighters.

And again its sparring, which means very little in terms of what would happen in a real fight.
                  He didn't place much relevance on what happened just found Brooks lies humourous.

Comment

You certainly are. If you think Brook or Bradley pulls more than Khan, then you need to wake up to reality.

Its no secret that Khan is unintelligent and/or arrogant. But Brook is still unproven and has not fought the same level of opposition as Khan has.

Comment

Khan saying he should fight Bradley & he will fight the winner of Brook and Bradley What a pillock.
                      what is wrong with that? Bradley has Kell Shook

Comment

Working...
                      X