Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on the all-time HW list: John Ruiz or Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
    Well Sanders.
    I don't know if Sanders is better than Evander Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      Rahman trumps Sanders.

You won't get much argument on the key point you're making because there isn't much of one. Vitali hasn't beaten better by any discernible measure. HOWEVER, it must be pointed out that he also doesn't have the same sort of losses and that arguably Ruiz's most important win (Holy II) was based on a terribly blown call by Cortez when Holy knocked him out with a body shot and Cortez ruled cup shot. He also should have lost the third, lost to Roy and Toney (PEDs or no) and got shelled in seconds by Tua (who arguably has a just-wins resume as good as either Klitschko too and shockingly got only one title shot).

That's where things like longevity, relative dominance, etc. come in. Of course Klitschko rates ahead of Ruiz, but that they can be close at all should temper where fans want to rate Vitali all-time.
      Totally agree. But this is, essentially my point. Does he rate ahead of Ruiz? Yes. Has he beaten better fighters than Ruiz? No. How in the world is one up for ATG consideration? Nonsense. Based on their resumes, they're both just paper champs.

Comment

Vitali far above Ruiz. Not even close.

Comment

Vitali's better, but John Ruiz has actually beaten the same caliber of fighters. Just look at the names, you'd be surprised.

Comment

wtf are with some of these threads?!?! I mean seriously, john ruiz is one of the most atrocious fighters in all of boxing, not just heavyweights. he is a horrible fighter with ZERO skills and ZERO swag. ugliest style that boxing has seen, and horrible showman. everything about ruiz is bottom of the barrel and i dont see how someone with a straight face could rate him in the same league as vitaly, whatsoever...

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Vitali's better, but John Ruiz has actually beaten the same caliber of fighters. Just look at the names, you'd be surprised.
              They don't want to look at who both guys have beaten, they wanna talk about how good Vitali "looks" in the ring because this is a modeling competition.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                They don't want to look at who both guys have beaten, they wanna talk about how good Vitali "looks" in the ring because this is a modeling competition.
                And you won't get a single argument on the point you're making. One guy pointed to Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  wtf are with some of these threads?!?! I mean seriously, john ruiz is one of the most atrocious fighters in all of boxing, not just heavyweights. he is a horrible fighter with ZERO skills and ZERO swag. ugliest style that boxing has seen, and horrible showman. everything about ruiz is bottom of the barrel and i dont see how someone with a straight face could rate him in the same league as vitaly, whatsoever...
                  True.

But some people evidently do.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    And you won't get a single argument on the point you're making. One guy pointed to Sanders.
                    Yeah, I noticed - and you quickly shut him down . I don't care if someone "looks" good in the ring, this isn't a beauty pageant! In this sport we judge fighters by their resume. The fact is, no one really has a good reason to consider Vitali an ATG. He's nowhere near it, based on that horrific resume. And if his resume is so hot, what does it say about him that Ruiz has beaten better opponents?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      It's not really that. He was knocking guys out and has one of the highest KO percentages of any HW. As far as resumes go, Mike Tyson's isn't really that much better than Ruiz or Vitali, is it? Yet many people have him in the top 10.

I don't really get down on rating fighters like that but to say Vitali ranks in the same spot as Ruiz is kind of silly. Not because of their resumes but because most people think Vitali is clearly a better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X