View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 09:55 AM #6
Shhhh...

Quoted: 422 Post(s)
BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,327,069,609,605,312.00
Total Points: 19,377,099,842,815,492.00
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov For schooling these cats about Maidana's defense. - punchr Something to wash that donut down. - punchr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsideup View Post
i guess i just broke the tie and this is somewhat similar to the pac/man holyfield one. i picked hearns based on fighting atg fighters close to there prime but i now realize i may be wrong as he lost to both srl and marvin although his effort was amazing against srl in both fights. Beating duran while looking impressive really not considering duran's age and condition for that fight. Larry holmes is so underated as a Hw. this is a tough call.
Whatever the decision was, the second fight was a clear win for Hearns. It's just one of those really damn unfair fights. He has a win against Leonard on his record. Just because some backroom politics took it from him shouldnt erase that he did indeed beat Leonard in a boxing match.

The Duran win was great for two reasons: he'd just come off a 15 round hard fought decision loss to Hagler, and Hearns knocked him out in 2 rounds. No one else got remotely close to doing anything like that to Duran. The fact that Duran shouldnt have been at 154 and was well past his best comes second to those I think.

Holmes is a great HW, still underrated despite being a consensus top tenner. He's right up there for me. Ticks every box and ticks each one a lot better than most. Would have been better off to have been born a little earlier or just a little later. Nonetheless, being sandwiched in between those two eras didn't grant him any favours. He still had a lot of really tough, hard guys to fight, a lot of big wins and a lot of underrated wins over guys that make todays chumps look like what they are, second rate hacks.
BennyST is offline   Reply With Quote