Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Syllakh - Grachev stoppage premature?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Syllakh - Grachev stoppage premature?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXx
    Yes!
    17.50%
    No!
    82.50%
    Last edited by CTE90; 04-03-2020, 01:43 PM.

At first I thought not... now after all the excitement, I think maybe.
    Was it me or was his mouthpiece sent flying with that last punch? Either that or spit.

Comment

No, Grachev was using his head as a speedball for about 30 seconds straight

Comment

cant say it was a bad stoppage, sillakh got hurt and wasnt intelligently defending himself, then got dropped. i would have waited some more though.

just like i dont understand why some referees count 10 over someone whos out cold i dont understand why other referees wave of a fight when a guy isnt out instead of giving him a chance to recover. its not like hes getting hit during the count so its no more risk to his health to count and give him the mandatory 8 to potentially recover.

if its like the third time hes been down in a round or hes been getting dominated all night thats one thing. but that wasnt the case. it was one instance of sillakh being hurt and if he managed to recover he would most likely have won the fight. he should atleast have got the count, if he beats the count but looks terrible you can wave it off then and there will be no diffrence in the damage taken so why not give him that chance?

so it was a bit premature but still not a bad stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          cant say it was a bad stoppage, sillakh got hurt and wasnt intelligently defending himself, then got dropped. i would have waited some more though.

just like i dont understand why some referees count 10 over someone whos out cold i dont understand why other referees wave of a fight when a guy isnt out instead of giving him a chance to recover. its not like hes getting hit during the count so its no more risk to his health to count and give him the mandatory 8 to potentially recover.

if its like the third time hes been down in a round or hes been getting dominated all night thats one thing. but that wasnt the case. it was one instance of sillakh being hurt and if he managed to recover he would most likely have won the fight. he should atleast have got the count, if he beats the count but looks terrible you can wave it off then and there will be no diffrence in the damage taken so why not give him that chance?

so it was a bit premature but still not a bad stoppage.
          I won't argue that he should have at least given him a count. I mean, if he was out cold on his feet where he couldn't defend himself against an onslaught of punches... yes, stop the fight please. Syllakh was knocked silly then down, but I think he should have given a count at least. If he looked like he couldn't get up, then call it off.

Comment

sillakh tripped over grachev's foot. should'nt have been stopped at all.

Comment

Sillakh looked done to me, as if he didn't expect that he could be hurt in a boxing match. No survival instincts whatsoever. Backing into a corner, laying back while taking a beating until getting dropped is not what I'd call "intelligently" defending yourself.

If he had shown any kind of attempt to get out of the situation then I would've agreed that it was premature but he did not do so.

Comment

Was that fight televised?

Comment

It was not premature & hopefully this helps him along his career. Contenders need to keep their eyes on the man in front of them. Sillakh got to ahead of himself & it caught up to him.

Comment

I thought it was a good stoppage. Anything before the knockdown may have been premature, but his mouth piece went flying and his eyes googly. He took a lot of shots against the ropes and was unable to retalliate.

We live to fight another day.

Comment

Working...
                    X