Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything more redundant and useless than a degree in Theology?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Theology: The study of things that lack empirical evidence
    ^^

Isn't that the proper atheist reply (fixed) ?

You're getting lazy you ****.

Comment

I can think of a pool of worthless degrees, most already mentioned. I will be the first to say some social science degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post

I can think of a pool of worthless degrees, most already mentioned. I will be the first to say some social science degrees.
        Social science eh. That's pretty darn broad.

The following are problem areas and discipline branches within the social sciences

Anthropology
        Business studies
        Communication studies
        Criminology
        Demography
        Development studies
        Economics
        Education
        Geography
        History
        Industrial relations
        Law
        Linguistics
        Media studies
        Political science
        Psychology
        Public administration
        Sociology
        Legal Management
        Paralegal studies
        International studies
        Library Science
        Information Science

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_...social_science

Which is the useless ones?

Comment

I'd think I would have been pretty good at paleontology.

You know.

The study of pale Asian women, with juicy asses.

Comment

Lol. . Funny thread thus far. . . On Bill Maher a while back, he was talking about how many people pursue BS degrees. . . Snarky *******, but funny as shyt.

I guess if somebody is really curious about religious shyt, then it would be worth their while. It's not necessary for somebody with a degree in theology to be "religious", though. I'd rather have somebody teaching the subject mattter who actually approached it from an educational stance, rather than a supernatural, or "faith" driven one.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
              ^^

Isn't that the proper atheist reply (fixed) ?

You're getting lazy you ****.
              No, you're thinking of philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                Social science eh. That's pretty darn broad.

The following are problem areas and discipline branches within the social sciences

Anthropology
                Business studies
                Communication studies
                Criminology
                Demography
                Development studies
                Economics
                Education
                Geography
                History
                Industrial relations
                Law
                Linguistics
                Media studies
                Political science
                Psychology
                Public administration
                Sociology
                Legal Management
                Paralegal studies
                International studies
                Library Science
                Information Science

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_...social_science

Which is the useless ones?
                Most are too heavy on the liberal curriculum(not all). Economics majors should be catching onto the federal reserve by now, if they learned anything at all. Education degrees are certifications to administer liberal ideology, but most are tied up by already determined curriculum anyway. Respect History majors, but its not really going to net any real jobs. I know a few Political science graduates, really hasnt got them much. Other then teaching them to vote left and they have mastered some high level math algorithms. Probably somewhat useful in thier bank teller jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
                  Most are too heavy on the liberal curriculum(not all). Economics majors should be catching onto the federal reserve by now, if they learned anything at all. Education degrees are certifications to administer liberal ideology, but most are tied up by already determined curriculum anyway. Respect History majors, but its not really going to net any real jobs. I know a few Political science graduates, really hasnt got them much. Other then teaching them to vote left and they have mastered some high level math algorithms. Probably somewhat useful in thier bank teller jobs.
                  what do you mean there?

Comment

The bottom line is that if you want to get a job in in most fields, they required you have at least 4 year degree. . . Personally, I'm not into the whole "everybody should go to college" mindset - it's a waste of time and money if you don't want to pursue a field where that degree is a requisite. . Unless you or your parents don't mind paying for the "college experience" (which is important for social skills, but certainly not worth going to college for - you can do that at a job). .

I think apprenticeships learning trades like electrician, construction, Masonry, plumbing, and especially auto mechanics are the way to go. . . Highly practical trades that will always serve a purpose. . . My friend got his contractor's and plumbing license in a few years while working under a contractor, and he now has his own business getting multi-million dollar bids on houses and commercial sites. . .

He did work on Julius Pepper's house. . .

Comment

also has a contract with a bunch of Cracker Barrels to do their work for them if need be. LOL Cracker Barrel is a DOPE ass restaurant in the south/southeast if you thought it was something racist. . . They might even be in the Northeast and midwest now as well. . .

Comment

Working...
                      X