Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev won that fight, he's the P4P king

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i blame hillary clinton for this ****. worst possible time to have an american vs. a russian after all that red scare bs

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Part of the problem is lederman. He is older than the guys scoring. Just like they may need younger judges, hbo may need a younger scorer.

You have every right to be upset. You know I had Ward, you know I don't particularly like Kov and I'm glad to see guys like Freedom whine and cry. I still had kov winning a close close fight.

I'd like to see the rematch on the east coast.
      Yeah, for sure. You chose Ward and you're far from a "Kovalev fan," so you having Kovalev winning says a lot.

Either way, I'm upset now and I will stick thinking that Kovalev won, but you obviously have to give credit to Ward.

In the months leading up to this fight, I always said 'Ward has never faced a fighter like Kovalev. Nothing he did before will work, etc." But, you obviously have to say the same thing about Ward. Kovalev has never faced a guy that survived an onslaught and didn't just lay down in defeat. He also never faced a guy that can keep a match competitive with him, which Ward managed to do.

I'll say this: I have a lot of respect for Wards heart and from getting off the canvas and finishing that fight.

On the flip side: I think people now see that Kovalev is completely different then one-dimensional brawlers who happen to have some power. It's his superb accuracy, timing and measurement of distance that make his power 10x more devastating. He's really good at fighting from the range he's comfortable at and imposing that on the fight, as opposed to being drawn into another guys movement and range.

I think Kovalev wins the rematch, but I will admit I was wrong when I said Kovalev this match wouldn't even be competitive. Ward kept it competitive and impressed me.

It doesn't take away the sour taste in my mouth, because I thought Kovalev outboxed Ward cleanly, but Ward definitely showed me that he is classes above anybody else out there right now.

Comment

Kov pushed an elite boxer to his limit and he should be proud of his performance!

I think he gets SOG in the rematch and I didn't think he'd be that good at actually boxing but he nearly outboxed Ward throughout the fight!

Very close fight, Kov is the real deal forreal!

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          The point is they had no issue until after the fact. Regardless if I was a Kovalev fan I'd be upset too. I felt the same way after Lara vs Canelo. I saw it the way I saw it and nobody could tell me otherwise.

But hey, somebody has to lose these nail biters. At least we get a rematch.
          Yeah. I mean, I REALLY just don't think it should of been that close- I just really think Kovalev was comfortably winning, but I mean you're right, the judges were chosen and now it's over and there's nothing you can do.

It sucks, really, I hate it. But, I think it's clear that these two guys are at the very top and it'll be difficult for any other fighter to replicate the success that each one of them had last night.

I really wish Kovalev would of made it more of a priority to try and knock Ward around after that KD, and that's where I think he went wrong. He felt comfortable outboxing Ward from distance, and in hindsight- he shouldn't have let this go to the judges scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I thought kov won. I'm rewatching now. It was a close fight and if you notice most of the ringside scorers agreed with the judges.

Very close fight.
            Oh really? Can you specify which ones?

According to Weebler I he reckons that this is the same situation as Pacquaio-Bradley 1 where "everyone thinks Kovalev won clearly"

I already know factually that atleast 7 ringside had it for Ward but who else did?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Oh really? Can you specify which ones?

According to he reckons that this is the same situation as Pacquaio-Bradley 1 where "everyone thinks Kovalev won clearly"

I already know factually that atleast 7 ringside had it for Ward but who else did?
              Do you legitimately believe that Kovalev won only 5 rounds or less?

Comment

Yeah agreed, another ****ty affirmative action "win".

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                  Do you legitimately believe that Kovalev won only 5 rounds or less?
                  I believe you could argue either man won 7 rounds.

I had the same score as the judges 114-113 Ward. Definitely wouldn't argue a Kovalev win.

I think quite a few feel the same way. Most consider it an either way fight because that's exactly what it was.

And I was rooting for Kovalev myself.

Comment

[QUOTE=King_;17214513]Do you legitimately believe that Kovalev won only 5 rounds or less?[/Q

It honestly could have been 7-5 for either fighter-- or a draw. It really depends on how you judge each round. The fight was incredibly close, I just think Ward did enough to turn the tide and get the W. Everybody is talking about the judges and how they came to their scores but they each scored the individual rounds differently and still came up 114-113 Ward- it does not get any closer than that. This is the first rematch I am genuinely excited about in years...

Comment

I'd still keep Chocolatito #1 myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X