No announcement yet.

anybody here have torn rotator cuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody here have torn rotator cuff

surgery? going to have it early April can barely raise my right arm.

no

Comment

I was into bodybuilding when i was younger and tore my rc in my left shoulder.I looked into surgery but decided to do rehab instead.

Comment

Originally posted by libertarian View Post
        I was into bodybuilding when i was younger and tore my rc in my left shoulder.I looked into surgery but decided to do rehab instead.
        how Ur shoulders now?

Comment

My shoulder is fine now but it was a very long and painful process trying to rehab it.The pain was very bad for the first 4 months and after that i would still get sharp pains in it for about 7 or 8 months when i would have to use my left arm to lift things.It was about a year and a half before i got it back to around 75% of what it was before i tore it.

Comment

Originally posted by crown mac View Post
            surgery? going to have it early April can barely raise my right arm.
            I had a partial tear {From playing football} Painful when I raised my arm over my head - which was repaired laparoscopically. The Doc went in with a shaver to eliminate the frayed edges and sutured the torn ligaments and now its as good as new.

Are you having an open procedure or laparoscopic????

Comment

Been there, done that. You are talking about pain. But for me I ignored the pain and went on competing at sports. But the time I was through I had several tendons completely torn and my bicep hanging by a string. Five major tears ans a couple minor ones. Had them all repaired(medicine miracle).
              If you get physclal therapy, make sure it's a good one, mine sucked! Could have done better on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                I had a partial tear {From playing football} Painful when I raised my arm over my head - which was repaired laparoscopically. The Doc went in with a shaver to eliminate the frayed edges and sutured the torn ligaments and now its as good as new.

Are you having an open procedure or laparoscopic????
                open- one torn and one half torn? im in my late 30s i ain't no young buck so it hurts like hell?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Been there, done that. You are talking about pain. But for me I ignored the pain and went on competing at sports. But the time I was through I had several tendons completely torn and my bicep hanging by a string. Five major tears ans a couple minor ones. Had them all repaired(medicine miracle).
                  If you get physclal therapy, make sure it's a good one, mine sucked! Could have done better on my own.
                  dam man sounds like it hurt bad?

Comment

No, but had an ac partial seperation and it took 4.5 months to heal and sharp pains were shooting at random times......I heard surgery makes it like new though

Comment

Working...
                    X