Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would there be any disgrace in Froch losing to Johnson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would there be any disgrace in Froch losing to Johnson?

I know Froch is in his prime and is coming off a streak against great opposition, but we all know how unlucky and hard done to Glen has been sometimes, he's still tough (like an old oak tree as Froch put it) and still has the fitness to take it to Froch.

Maybe this is the chance Johnson has been waiting for, I certainly wouldnt begrudge Johnson winning the Super 6 if he were to get by Froch.

So would anyone consider it a disgrace if Froch were to lose this Saturday?

Not at all.

It would be more a case of having to give Johnson a lot of credit.

But that's not really how it works here on boxingscene.

Carl Froch will be labelled a Eurobum. Despite going through the toughest schedule of fights of any fighter in recent memory and coming out 4-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
      Not at all.

It would be more a case of having to give Johnson a lot of credit.

But that's not really how it works here on boxingscene.

Carl Froch will be labelled a Eurobum. Despite going through the toughest schedule of fights of any fighter in recent memory and coming out 4-2.

yeah i'd agree with that completely, if he comes through Johnson and Ward and makes it 6-1 then you could make a case for him being the greatest 168lb of all time, over Joe Calzaghe

Comment

Absolutely not.That would be loosing to a guy who beat Tarver & ko'd Roy Jones.PS,I think Froch is an exceptional fighter.

Comment

Its great to see Froch gets the respect of alot of people now, it wasnt so long ago everyone thought he was rubbish, especially after the Taylor fight

anyone want to bet on the fight?

My 200k on Froch?

Comment

Not at all -- Johnson has proven recently that he still has what it takes.

I expect Froch to win this, but it should be a war.

Comment

No, it wouldn't be a disgrace at all, but still this is a fight he shouldn't lose.

Johnson has proved that even at his age he's still effective and able to mount a fight with every boxer that he comes across. However, Froch is in his prime and at the moment is better than Johnson, so he should be able to get a win if he does what he has done in his last fights, specifically in his fights against AA and some of the rounds he had against Kessler. If he actually does that he should win, but losing against a boxer that has the skills and the heart that Johnson has wouldn't be a disgrace at all.

Comment

Nope. Johnson knocked out Allan Greene. And I thought he beat Chad Dawson and Tavoris Cloud too.

Its a very good win if Froch can pull it off.

Comment

Working...
                X