No announcement yet.

AJ Chins vs Wlads and Lewis Chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    And I certainly would not put Ruiz power in the same category as Tyson, Wlad or Wilder, lol are you serious?
    Yea, I passed over that comment like, "either he typo'd or I read it wrong."
    People do know Ruiz has fought before, right? In fact, some of us have been watching him fight for years. The only way he punches as hard as Forman is if you're talking RIGHT NOW.

Comment

I actually think all of them have pretty decent punch resistance, Lennox Lewis being the best of them all, I think physically he was more durable than Joshua and Kiltschko 'Without body building routines? Lennox Lewis is up their with George Foreman in pure brute strength. When he fought Vitali Kiltscko he was out of shape, but just bulling a prime Kiltschko backwards.

'Lennox Lewis could of continued vs Mccall, but at the stage in his career it was the correct stoppage. And the punch he took from Rahman was the perfect text book punch, Rahman had all of his weight behind it' Lennox Lewis still got up off the canvas even off that punch 'Out of shape again'

Lennox Lewis fought all the big punchers of the 90's, was Ray Mercer a big puncher well? Go and look at how Lewis fought him, Tommy Morrison, David Tua, Shannon Briggs, Frank Bruno, Vitali Kiltschko, Mike Tyson. In terms of one punch power all of those fighters I have just mentioned are more devastating punchers than Andy Ruiz Junior. Even Andrew Golota at the time when he fought Lewis, was considered possibly the most dangerous heavyweight on the planet.

There was a member of these boards who stated that Joshua vs Ruiz Junior would resemble Mercer vs Lewis, and I think Ruiz Junior did fight in that sort of manner but Joshua just could not cope with it 'I cannot recall which poster predicated that' good prediction though.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

Lennox Lewis fought all the big punchers of the 90's, was Ray Mercer a big puncher well? Go and look at how Lewis fought him, Tommy Morrison, David Tua, Shannon Briggs, Frank Bruno, Vitali Kiltschko, Mike Tyson. In terms of one punch power all of those fighters I have just mentioned are more devastating punchers than Andy Ruiz Junior. Even Andrew Golota at the time when he fought Lewis, was considered possibly the most dangerous heavyweight on the planet.
        Disagree, Vitali couldn't do what Stiverne did to Arreola or Fury & Haye did to Chisora. This era has the hardest hitters of all time.

Tyson had opponents like Mitch Green (even smaller than Wilder), Tillis, Tucker, Smith & others eat his punches for breakfast lunch & dinner. He wasn't as durable as Ruiz either getting put down by Douglas.

Tua nearly lost to jeff wooden, went the distance with Rahman, Byrd and even Salif (who?)

Bruno was taking 8-10 rounds to KO journeymen & was knocked out multiple times.

Briggs was couldn't beat Botha just 1 year after losing to Lewis.

Ray Mercer & Byrd had some of the best chins from the 90s & Wlad ran right through them. Ray Mercer was old but not shot either.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Yea, I passed over that comment like, "either he typo'd or I read it wrong."
          People do know Ruiz has fought before, right? In fact, some of us have been watching him fight for years. The only way he punches as hard as Forman is if you're talking RIGHT NOW.
          Where was Foreman's power vs 200lb Peralta though? I can't think of a single KO artist that would be allowed to almost go the distance with a man that size & not get flamed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            He hired him after the Brewster loss & it took him some time to master it.

Tyson went the distance with journeymen level guys, some previously stopped, he hit several guys with A LOT of shots that should've put them down but didn't.

International boxing has come a long way, Andy Ruiz is the greatest Mexican HW of all time, Usyk is the greatest Euro cruiser of all time, ggg the best Euro MW of all time, Kovalev best Euro LHW of all time, Loma, Canelo, Benavidez, Ramirez etc.

Imagine if you took 90% of today's international boxers out of boxing, that's basically what boxing used to be.

Hell if a guy like Mavrovic can rock Lewis, you better believe a guy like Ruiz can.

I have no contention with anything you wrote, except you're wrong, Wlad hired Steward for the first Brewster fight

Comment

I have no contention with anything you wrote, except you're wrong, Wlad hired Steward for the first Brewster fight

I stand corrected but i don't think he had enough time to learn under Steward, he had him what a few months as his trainer? You can see when Wlad gets hurt he doesn't even do the hold or leaning, a few years later & he'd have been stuck on his back lie glue.

Even against Peter you could see his defense was still raw, which is why he got dropped. Steward did the same for LL, turned both men into completely different fighters.

Comment

Wlad was never seriously hit by Brewster to recover, he emptied the tank in those first 5 rounds by his own doing, leaving Brewster with nothing to do but finish him off.
                I only watched that fight the other day and Brewster definitely did hit him. So did Sanders. He went down against Williamson who was barely a heavyweight. Wlads chin is at least as shaky as Joshuas.

Comment

I don't think Ruiz Jnr is as big a puncher as Brewster or Corrie Sanders. He does have the speed and punch output they possessed, but you look at his CV and it doesn't suggest he should be that dangerous to a champion like Joshua... but dropping him heavily four times.. Sam Peter dropped WK a few times but he was never that hurt and won the fight, Joshua literally didn't know where he was. Not sure who I'd pick between Lewis and Wlad chin wise, neither that great. Lewis was done twice by one punch which is pretty ropey, But WK was down way more times over a much longer career albeit.

Comment

I'm a fan of Ruiz but a big puncher he is not. He's a decent puncher who caught Joshua with a temple shot and followed it up with a series of well placed punches. He is not generally a put your lights out kinda fighter.

Comment

AJ does not have a good chin I think that's already been proved, but his biggest problem is stamina and mental toughness.He was completely gassed after being knocked down in 3rd that's all on fighting nervous.Looked a lot like Wlad vs Brewster and Wlad will be the 1st to tell you he was not a natural fighter like his brother.Wlad was much more skilled then Vitali but did not have that fighter's confidence.There is a difference between having a fighter's heart and a fighter's confidence.AJ showed heart he is just a bit chinny and has something missing in his mental makeup.I said this before I think his power lifting is tied to his chin, like he thinks he can lift it away he has been told by his own team going back to Wlad fight he needs to cut out some of that heavy muscle, but he has never listened.Would love to give sh it to his over the top fanboys, but this is a loss to all boxing fans because again we miss out on a big fight that could have been great for boxing.Marinate that Hearn/Haymon you moron's.

Comment

Working...
                      X