No announcement yet.

Check out my video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my video

I'm still in Iraq so we don't have a ring. The object of the sparring game was to try and stay in the black box. To be fair, I barely used my right hand because of an injury but the guy wanted to box so we sparred. I just started boxing again so I was rusty. I'm the guy in the shorts. Your constructive critisicm is welcomed. Try not to be rude. Enjoy!

http://www.grouper.com/Members/Profile/349745

cool. Looks like something creative to do with your time.

Which one are you?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexisA
      cool. Looks like something creative to do with your time.

Which one are you?
      Lol! Thanx! Instead of fighting insergents we fought each other. I'm the one in the shorts.

Comment

I would have to say honestly he won the round but you have a good jab and a right hand injury.It appeared the couple of times you did use your right that you could have handled him if you had your right 100%.He also appeared to be tiring kind of quickly but those are just my brief observations.......You look like you can fight pretty good at 100%.

Comment

Try not to put your weight on your back foot so much... You leave your chin in the air, doing that, and it's hard to slip punches and counter. You could vary between head and body punches more, to confuse him a little bit. He's taller and has longer reach, and although you look like a better fighter, he's giving you trouble because of it. If you work on those things, you could dominate him, even without having to blast him, but simply by outboxing him.

Hey, good work, both of you though!

Comment

Originally posted by raesaad
            I would have to say honestly he won the round but you have a good jab and a right hand injury.It appeared the couple of times you did use your right that you could have handled him if you had your right 100%.He also appeared to be tiring kind of quickly but those are just my brief observations.......You look like you can fight pretty good at 100%.
            Yeah I'm OK at 100%. At the end I TKOed him with a jab. The camera angle didn't really catch that. And yeah he got tired. If that kid worked on his conditioning he could be better. I got caught mostly when he came after me while I tried to stay in the box. Thanks for the props. I'll try to post my next one when my arm heals up.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk
              Try not to put your weight on your back foot so much... You leave your chin in the air, doing that, and it's hard to slip punches and counter. You could vary between head and body punches more, to confuse him a little bit. He's taller and has longer reach, and although you look like a better fighter, he's giving you trouble because of it. If you work on those things, you could dominate him, even without having to blast him, but simply by outboxing him.

Hey, good work, both of you though!
              Much appreciated.

Comment

you are pretty quick with your left hand. Since you have a bit of natural hand speed, hopefully you can put some quick combinations together when your right hand heals.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16
                  you are pretty quick with your left hand. Since you have a bit of natural hand speed, hopefully you can put some quick combinations together when your right hand heals.
                  Thanx. It's not my hand but it's my shoulder. It came out when I sparred this other kid the day prior. I won that one too BTW. After I popped it back in I threw jabs and hooks with my left until he quit. These guys don't box but they claim to have learned how to fight in the streets.

Comment

you need to use your hips to move you upper body side to side instead of moving yourself backwards, and don't reach.

Need to work on you counter punching.

one thing you should try is boxing him. Jump at hit and drop a quick combination then back out of his range. Also you got work on you foot work, remeber to twist your feet.

don't be afraid to get down low.

Comment

Working...
                    X