Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is like the "averag" height of someone at 165?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is like the "averag" height of someone at 165?

How tall are most guys at 165 and how tall are most guys at 178?(ameteur)

im about 170 when in lean fighting shape and im not sure what division is best for me...

i could put on a few and still be in very good shape or lose some(starve)

im a little over 5'9" and ive got a compact build and allot of weight in my legs....

once my messed up back gets better i might put on some weight in trainng because ive lost some muscle

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
      im a little over 5'9" and ive got a compact build and allot of weight in my legs....

once my messed up back gets better i might put on some weight in trainng because ive lost some muscle
      How long reach do you have? being a short guy in a higher div is very hard. You have to either have really good cardio and speed to compensate for your size disadvantage. In the MW div(160lbs) its normal to be around 5'10-6'ft even 6'1. But weight cutting in boxing is crazy. I think you should at least go MW so that you don't have a huge size disadvantage. guys in 175 (LHW) are usually around 6'1-6'2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
        How long reach do you have? being a short guy in a higher div is very hard. You have to either have really good cardio and speed to compensate for your size disadvantage. In the MW div(160lbs) its normal to be around 5'10-6'ft even 6'1. But weight cutting in boxing is crazy. I think you should at least go MW so that you don't have a huge size disadvantage. guys in 175 (LHW) are usually around 6'1-6'2.
        i dony mind fighting taller dues that much i can slip inside ad work the body and i make up for it with power and stamina...

my reach is short though like 69 inches....

i guess i have to get back into shape and find out if i gain or lose weight cause of the muslce i lost IDK what will happen...

if im fighting at lhw will the guys be slower in general?

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
          i dony mind fighting taller dues that much i can slip inside ad work the body and i make up for it with power and stamina...

my reach is short though like 69 inches....

i guess i have to get back into shape and find out if i gain or lose weight cause of the muslce i lost IDK what will happen...

if im fighting at lhw will the guys be slower in general?
          No bro, that only applies to the much smaller div's and HW. LHW's are usually fast and powerful. People in AM usually start at the lowest possible div they can make so there is a lot of 6'2- 6'3 LHW in AM. It sound like you can easily shed some healthy weight. Even if you are bulky you, being 5'9 and having 69 inch reach will make it hard to deal with big lean, fas LHWs . Average reach in LHW is usually 74-75.

Comment

thanks for the advice bro ill send u some green...

ill give 165 a shot.

Comment

Im 5'10" and 150ish, you must be built like a brick**** house hahaha

Comment

i just have a stocky build....

but brick**** hous shounds nice

its cool cause i have a strong build....

but if i dont seriously watch what i eat ill ballon up to 190 in not time at all

Comment

Ideally I'd say 5'11, but the odds have been defeated before obviously..

but for 178, 5'9 isn't ideal, we got a LHW who's 5'10 but this ****in guy hits like a truck, so he makes up for it..

Comment

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread but what's the average height and reach for 141 lbs?

Comment

Working...
                    X