Hey team

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey team

Hey guys Im from Australia, and Im 19.

Started Boxing about a month ago and I am in love with it. Getting a really good workout and am being trained really well. The benefits in the sport is amazing.

A few questions.

Im virtually 6ft and about 161lbs. What class do you think I should go into if I aspire to go into amateur or pro fighting? Im very much like Anthony Mundine figures, if you guys know who that is.

Secondly, regarding professional boxing...is it too late for me? I love my football (soccer) aswell and have quit gym work so I can pay for boxing. So yeah is it too late for a 19 year old like me to make it?

Originally posted by MikeTysonBengal View Post
    Hey guys Im from Australia, and Im 19.

Started Boxing about a month ago and I am in love with it. Getting a really good workout and am being trained really well. The benefits in the sport is amazing.

A few questions.

Im virtually 6ft and about 161lbs. What class do you think I should go into if I aspire to go into amateur or pro fighting? Im very much like Anthony Mundine figures, if you guys know who that is.

Secondly, regarding professional boxing...is it too late for me? I love my football (soccer) aswell and have quit gym work so I can pay for boxing. So yeah is it too late for a 19 year old like me to make it?
    if you've only been in a gym for a month you will still have fat that can burned and muscle to be toned. Eat properly and bust your ass when you're at the gym. Limit food intake while eating alot of carbs a night or two before the bout and then step on the scale. Eat sensibly after and then go fight. With a fight coming up weight is just another thing to worry about. I believe the usa boxing moved the limit up to 158lbs, I very well could be mistaken with that amount though. Like I said if you're doing it right 158 should be no problem if you burn it jogging and in the gym. If you don'ty reach that goal of 158 then fight in the weight class above it. Dont lose a fight trying to beat the scales, it's miserable being physicaly drained while your opponent rains blows upon your skull in a well juvenated shower.

As far as the pros I say just beat the best amatuers that your state has to offer and then get back with us. Honestly if you had walked into Kronk back in the day stating that your were curious about turning pro, with 1 month prior experience it would have erupted. Bam jumps from the steel chair exploding into a ritualistic tyrade, "Freea - meeee, Freea mee....." Smitty just shakes his head as he displays a disgusted face just waving his arms for you to just get away from him. Bam continues in his performance, "Freea - meeee, Freea mee....." Beat the amatuers first..........Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 06-18-2011, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Thanks Rockin...

I appreciate the help. Ill keep you updated on my progress.

Comment

Two closes weight classes to you unless you are carrying a lot of extra fat that will be burned off are 152lbs and 165lbs.

Just eat well and train hard and in a few months when it's time to fight you will know where to be.

And no it's not too late.

Comment

Working...
        X