No announcement yet.

Canelo's weight explained

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo's weight explained

So, let's do some math. For the sake of argument, let's say that Canelo walks around at 180 lbs. This means that his water weight (60% of his full body weight) is 108 lbs. Now, it's a considerable dehydration if you lose 5% of your water weight, and 10% means that you're going to the hospital.

Which means, that if Canelo actually rehydrated himself by 15-30 lbs, as the common myth goes, he would have to have lost 15-30 lbs of his natural weight, meaning 13.8-27.6% of his water weight. As you could probably guess by now, Canelo doesn't lose 27.6% of his water weight just to replenish it the next hours. 30 lbs is 13.6 kg, man, he could eat McDonalds all day and drink water till he vomits, but it's absolutely impossible.

So, how much does Canelo rehydrate in weight? While 5% waterweight loss is a considerable dehydration, boxing is a considerably hard sport and Canelo does have unusual rehydration powers, so I guess he might increase his weight for fight night by 8-9%, as food also matters to the weight.
    Last edited by Banko Villas; 12-07-2017, 03:02 AM.

Canelo is a heavyweight weight bully golovkin is a small middleweight tho even if he looked drained in his last 3 fights

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
      So, let's do some math. For the sake of argument, let's say that Canelo walks around at 180 lbs. This means that his water weight (60% of his full body weight) is 108 lbs. Now, it's a considerable dehydration if you lose 5% of your water weight, and 10% means that you're going to the hospital.

Which means, that if Canelo actually rehydrated himself by 15-30 lbs, as the common myth goes, he would have to have lost 15-30 lbs of his natural weight, meaning 8.3-16.6% of his water weight. As you could probably guess by now, Canelo doesn't lose 16.6% of his water weight just to replenish it the next hours. 30 lbs is 13.6 kg, man, he could eat McDonalds all day and drink water till he vomits, but it's absolutely impossible.

So, how much does Canelo rehydrate in weight? While 5% waterweight loss is a considerable dehydration, boxing is a considerably hard sport and Canelo does have unusual rehydration powers, so I guess he might increase his weight for fight night by 8-9%, as food also matters to the weight.
      I believe Canelo weighed 167 against Floyd. He might be a couple of pounds heavier now that he's moved up in weight, but not significantly. I'd put Canelo around 168-173 fight night weight. Why so low? Because he's smaller than MWs...he can't overpower them - it just won't happen. He didn't have 1 punch KO power at any point in his career (Kirkland and Khan were chinny opponents that Canelo landed near perfectly against).

However, Canelos hand speed is real and he can beat opponents "to the punch" with his combinations. I can see him being a lighter MW and using speed to get the job done

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
        Canelo is a heavyweight weight bully golovkin is a small middleweight tho even if he looked drained in his last 3 fights
        While I do agree that Canelo has spent a lot of time fighting too small opponents, he is not a heavyweight at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post

Which means, that if Canelo actually rehydrated himself by 15-30 lbs, as the common myth goes, he would have to have lost 15-30 lbs of his natural weight, meaning 13.8-27.6% of his water weight. As you could probably guess by now, Canelo doesn't lose 27.6% of his water weight just to replenish it the next hours. 30 lbs is 13.6 kg, man, he could eat McDonalds all day and drink water till he vomits, but it's absolutely impossible.

Remember folks! Jesus walked on water... and youtube comments influence falsehoods

if Nelo is a LHW fighting 2 times a year, then what's Lil'G fighting 2 times a year?!

Comment

Fact is Canelo outweight Floyd by 15lbs and still got walked down by the feather fisted, smaller man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              Fact is Canelo outweight Floyd by 15lbs and still got walked down by the feather fisted, smaller man.
              Facts? Please elaborate. What is your documentation that Canelo weighted 15lbs more than Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                I believe Canelo weighed 167 against Floyd. He might be a couple of pounds heavier now that he's moved up in weight, but not significantly. I'd put Canelo around 168-173 fight night weight. Why so low? Because he's smaller than MWs...he can't overpower them - it just won't happen. He didn't have 1 punch KO power at any point in his career (Kirkland and Khan were chinny opponents that Canelo landed near perfectly against).

However, Canelos hand speed is real and he can beat opponents "to the punch" with his combinations. I can see him being a lighter MW and using speed to get the job done
                he was 174 or 175 against trout....years later i guess he should be at least the same or a couple of pounds heavier

Comment

I do believe he has incredible rehydration abilities which I've not seen before and it does seem suspicious BUT...if all seems legal why question it? He's making the weights after all. Well, the last time he got on the scale for GGG looked suspicious since he hardly stepped on long enough for an accurate measurement and a guy can be seen gesturing that's enough.

There's only so many times someone can get away with something before they get caught. The system can't be that rigged. There will always be a whistleblower waiting to make a martyr of themselves and I highly doubt a man in drag who seems more interested in doing lines of Coke is capable of silencing them.

I will continue to believe Canelo is innocent and rehydrating legally and not through a medical loophole or by illegal means.

Innocent until proven guilty. That's how it works.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boxing42;18305315]Canelo is a heavyweight weight bully golovkin is a small middleweight who bullys welterweights....fixed it for you

Comment

Working...
                    X