Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Louis, Marciano, Tyson, and Ali had never existed...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Louis, Marciano, Tyson, and Ali had never existed...

I'm wondering if those guys never came on the scene who would've been the top-tier heavyweight ATG's?

holmes, holyfield etc easy questions just the next best thing

Comment

Foreman would have ruled the 70s, eventually be beaten by larry holmes, maybe win the rematch and fought Tyson in the 80s. He would never have taken a hiatus and we would never have gotten the Foreman Grill. Americans would be even fatter because they wouldnt have an inclined grill to drain the fat.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        Foreman would have ruled the 70s, eventually be beaten by larry holmes, maybe win the rematch and fought Tyson in the 80s. He would never have taken a hiatus and we would never have gotten the Foreman Grill. Americans would be even fatter because they wouldnt have an inclined grill to drain the fat.
        The topic is if the Louis, Marciano, Ali, and Tyson never existed. How could he have fought Mike in the '80's?? I think Foreman may still have taken the hiatus cause he'd have still had the Young fight which may have been his 1st loss...

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
          I'm wondering if those guys never came on the scene who would've been the top-tier heavyweight ATG's?
          The HW division would have had only half the colour. As for Tyson, it don't matter because Holyfield was better and so was Lewis whether Tyson existed or not. No Louis ?,,, I shudder at the thought,, no Marciano,, another Shudder.... No Ali ?... maybe the Vietnam war would have gone on longer, and Sonny Liston would be ranked very high in the top 10 HW lists, maybe even #1.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
            The HW division would have had only half the colour. As for Tyson, it don't matter because Holyfield was better and so was Lewis whether Tyson existed or not. No Louis ?,,, I shudder at the thought,, no Marciano,, another Shudder.... No Ali ?... maybe the Vietnam war would have gone on longer, and Sonny Liston would be ranked very high in the top 10 HW lists, maybe even #1.
            Interesting that you believe Liston would be rated #1. But, I don't see how Lewis and Holyfield were better than prime Tyson. Anyway, thats besides the point. I'd say Holmes would have been at the top cause their would be no Marciano/Louis records to break. But, he'd still have lost to Spinks when he hit 35. Spinks would have probably been champ until Holy moved up. It would have been quite strange. Then again, boxing history would have also been different if Ali and Tyson didn't have their 3-year hiatuses...

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post

50 years from now, more people will remember Tyson over Lewis and holyfield.

And WTF, Ali stopped the vietnam war?!?!?!???

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                50 years from now, more people will remember Tyson over Lewis and holyfield.

And WTF, Ali stopped the vietnam war?!?!?!???
                Yep! Ali told them to throw down their arms and they sure as hell listened to him...LOL!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
                  Yep! Ali told them to throw down their arms and they sure as hell listened to him...LOL!!!!!
                  That had me rolling. Dude said the Vietnam war would have went on longer if Ali never boxed

Comment

Working...
                  X