No announcement yet.

EE Amateur System.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EE Amateur System.

There have been a lot of fighters from the former Soviet Union winning medals in the Olympics/World Amateur Games.

What I want to know is, how are they so successful?

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    There have been a lot of fighters from the former Soviet Union winning medals in the Olympics/World Amateur Games.

What I want to know is, how are they so successful?
    In the case of Azerbaijan bribery.

Also the scoring system. The scoring system changed amateur boxing for the worse. Countries with a focus on amateur boxing and not professional boxing where the athletes really never intend to turn pro have an advantage because they can focus their style around the whack a mole style that dominated amateur boxing but doesn't translate to real professional boxing. Most American boxing gyms still focused on real boxing, not taping your opponent on the top of the head with the white part of your glove.

We will see what happens in the next Olympics with no head gear and a more pro-style scoring system. I expect some former soviet block guys to get knocked the **** out.
    Last edited by GTTofAK; 10-07-2015, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
      In the case of Azerbaijan bribery.

Also the scoring system. The scoring system changed amateur boxing for the worse. Countries with a focus on amateur boxing and not professional boxing where the athletes really never intend to turn pro have an advantage because they can focus their style around the whack a mole style that dominated amateur boxing but doesn't translate to real professional boxing. Most American boxing gyms still focused on real boxing, not taping your opponent on the top of the head with the white part of your glove.

We will see what happens in the next Olympics with no head gear and a more pro-style scoring system. I expect some former soviet block guys to get knocked the **** out.
      I do not believe that a great increase in ko's will happen, a couple probably. But what I believe that you will see lots of colliding skulls and facial damage from unintentional butts..........

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        I do not believe that a great increase in ko's will happen, a couple probably. But what I believe that you will see lots of colliding skulls and facial damage from unintentional butts..........
        The KOs will come from the scoring system just as much as the head gear. Since bouncing the white part of the glove off of the top of your opponents head wont be a point anymore fighters will have to be far more aggressive.

Comment

Working...
        X