Bob Arum: "Ali was more selfish, Manny is about helping the people"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giovanni18 View Post
    "His mama call him Clay, imma call him Clay"- Coming to America

Bob Arum gets greasier and grimier with each passing day, scumbag needs to stop talking

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
      It means he hasn't been "Clay" for a long time. To refer to him as such shows your ignorance. And the only reason why you're making that reference is to disrespect the man. Understand now, Tunney light?
      And I don't "refer to "HIM"" either positively or negatively, but if you're interested I can repeat what all the writers, analysts and other experts said about him at the very time he was around the boxing scene.

Let me say that what they ALL said, was exactly what came to pass.

Comment

I've read enough of your post to know your agenda. So expect more of the same when you make stupid comments, Tunney light. 100 percent of Ali's contemporaries don't think Ali was the greatest, huh?

Frank: In your book you say Ali is the best ever. Do you believe that?

Norton: As far as I’ve been around, yes.

Frank: Is Ali the best fighter you ever fought?

Norton: Yes.

Frank: Who was stronger, Muhammad Ali or Larry Holmes?

Norton: Oh Ali definitely, Ali was very strong but because he wasn't a one punch KO artist it is overlooked. Hitting Ali in the body or on the arms was like hitting a piece of cement.

Think before you speak. Or at least read a book.
        Please explain "agenda" in the context you use it, I am mystified. I am sitting here in Panama, in touch with much of the boxing scene, which is really alive and well, so haven't the patience to ferret out what your obscure conspiracy accusations actually mean.

I don't mean to be rude, but........do you feel that enemies are pointing electronic "rays" at you to make you ill, or sap your strength, or ........etc???

I was talking just at lunchtime- a few hours ago- with an acquaintance of both Duran and Cabbalero, and believe me, even allowing for a certain language difficulty, it was fascinating. So stop shovelling drek.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          And I don't "refer to "HIM"" either positively or negatively, but if you're interested I can repeat what all the writers, analysts and other experts said about him at the very time he was around the boxing scene.

Let me say that what they ALL said, was exactly what came to pass.

I can repeat what those who actually boxed and stepped in the ring with Ali, said. And this beats any of your so called "experts" who never boxed a day in their lives.

Norton: Oh Ali definitely, Ali was very strong but because he wasn't a one punch KO artist it is overlooked. Hitting Ali in the body or on the arms was like hitting a piece of cement.

Step your game up, Egg head.

Comment

Please explain "agenda" in the context you use it, I am mystified. I am sitting here in Panama, in touch with much of the boxing scene, which is really alive and well, so haven't the patience to ferret out what your obscure conspiracy accusations actually mean.

I don't mean to be rude, but........do you feel that enemies are pointing electronic "rays" at you to make you ill, or sap your strength, or ........etc???

I was talking just at lunchtime- a few hours ago- with an acquaintance of both Duran and Cabbalero, and believe me, even allowing for a certain language difficulty, it was fascinating. So stop shovelling drek.

Comment

You're another Tunney. I'll let you figure that out. "Electronic rays?" Are you insane?

Comment

arum.....................makes me sick................this is uncalled for..........

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work Jr. View Post

LOLOL well done Easy

Comment

I've read enough of your post to know your agenda. So expect more of the same when you make stupid comments, Tunney light. 100 percent of Ali's contemporaries don't think Ali was the greatest, huh?

Think before you speak. Or at least read a book.
                    Where's the rest of your megilla?? I don't see it except below.

There's no point in quoting an item from a BOOK written by someone hoping to make money from it, and, knowing everyone believes he beat Ali 3 times, would get considerable reflected glory from people believing that Ali was the best ever. In fact Norton doesn't even say that he says, whilst HE was around. That only covers a few years.

And....so that I don't waste any more time on your futile rubbish, I'd like you to read again what I said. I referred to WRITERS...ANALYSTS....EXPERTS, specifically. And in "experts" I did no include fighters themselves, unless they were long retired, had made their name as experts, and were recognised as being very knowledgeable. Like for instance, Nat Fleischer, the Founder and Publisher of Ring Magazine for over 50 years, when it was known as "The Bible of Boxing" and Fleischer was known as Mr. Boxing".

Comment

• Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                      I can repeat what those who actually boxed and stepped in the ring with Ali, said. And this beats any of your so called "experts" who never boxed a day in their lives.

Step your game up, Egg head.
                      I think that you are just looking for a nice argument to finish off your working day before you go home to beat your wife and kids up.

If you consider, I am actually paying you a compliment by even considering that you could get a wife, and by extension (no pun intended) children.

Comment

Working...
                      X