Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Julio Cesar Chavez JR. the new face of Mexican Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Julio Cesar Chavez JR. the new face of Mexican Boxing?

It seems so from all the Mexicanos and other fans of him on here. He is the definition of Mexican Boxing - Great chin Great body puncher and the balls to stand and trade with anyone. Marquez is still around but once he retires which will be soon according to him who else is there left?

Jorge Arce?
    Canelo Alvarez?

Boxers like Abner Mares Brandon Rios and Victor Ortiz are considered Mexican Americans right? I'm talking about boxers born and living in Mexico. Who is else likely to be the poster boy for the great nation and rich boxing cultured Mexico?
    Yes
    28.57%
    No
    7.14%
    Not now but he will be once the older guys retire
    28.57%
    Canelo Alvarez will/is the face of Mexican Boxing
    35.71%

Abner Mares?

Comment

Abner Mares was born in Guadalajara, Mexico. Chavez and Canelo will both be the faces of Mexican boxing. Dont forget Leo Santa Cruz..I believe he was born in Michoacan, Mexico.

Comment

abner mares was born in mexico

Comment

nope Canelo is ..... Chavez jr is having a nice run . looks like he's getting better with every fight but he's not gonna beat maravilla . Sad to say but i gotta be honest

Comment

Although Mares was born in Mexico, he was raised most of his life in Southern California, and to make things more complicated some Mexicans still consider Mexicans born in Mexico, despite being born in Mexico, they are considered pochos for being raised in the US.

My father was born in Mexico but raised in the US, and my grandpa who is a chilango always says he's not a real Mexican for two reasons: 1. He was raised most of his life in LA, 2. He was born in Tijuana and apparently Nortenos arn't real Mexicans

Anyway, I think the new face of Mexican boxing should be settled in a fight between Chavez Jr. and canelo, whoever wins that will be the new face of Mexican boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
              Although Mares was born in Mexico, he was raised most of his life in Southern California, and to make things more complicated some Mexicans still consider Mexicans born in Mexico, despite being born in Mexico, they are considered pochos for being raised in the US.

My father was born in Mexico but raised in the US, and my grandpa who is a chilango always says he's not a real Mexican for two reasons: 1. He was raised most of his life in LA, 2. He was born in Tijuana and apparently Nortenos arn't real Mexicans

Anyway, I think the new face of Mexican boxing should be settled in a fight between Chavez Jr. and canelo, whoever wins that will be the new face of Mexican boxing.
              What are you talking most if not all mexicans love mares. Every one has a few haters even canelo and chavez. But i think theyre will be many faces like was the case with barrera morales and marquez. Theyre are a sht load of talented fighters right now even the little guys and females get a ton of love. One of my favorites tyson marquez

Comment

no he is not. i would say canelo is...........

Comment

Working...
                X