Peterson wouldn't have been caught with Floyd's USADA/WADA testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peterson wouldn't have been caught with Floyd's USADA/WADA testing

Gabriel Montoya ‏ @Gabriel_Montoya
    I'm told that Lamont Peterson's T/E ratio was not only under the Nevada allowed 6:1, it was under WADA's approved 4:1 T/E ratio. #boxing
    The only reason he was caught was that VADA uses Carbon Isotope Ratio testing, which WADA doesn't use unless a T/E ratio is found to be over the limit. This means anyone using Peterson's method in a Floyd fight wouldn't have tested positive.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-09-2012, 01:31 PM.

This is true.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      The only reason he was caught was that VADA uses Carbon Isotope Ratio testing, which WADA doesn't use unless a T/E ratio is found to be under the limit. This means anyone using Peterson's method in a Floyd fight wouldn't have tested positive.
      Source??.......

Comment

Hell Floyd himself can be using this method and not get caught.

It such a dirty sport. Nobody deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Peterson needs to be suspended for at least 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          Source??.......
          I meant to say "ratio is found to be over the limit" btw. I fixed it.

Here's a source.
          http://www.maxboxing.com/news/sub-le...atch-in-doubt-
          What is significant to understand is that VADA, unlike any other drug testing entity in the world of its kind, uses a screen test that is specifically designed to detect synthetic testosterone. The test method, known as Carbon Isotope Ratio (CIR), may have been the key in detecting what was found in Peterson’s system. If Peterson’s T/E ratio (testosterone to epitestosterone) had been under the allowable limit of 6:1 in Nevada, he would have possibly escaped detection of synthetic testosterone use as NSAC and USADA do not use the CIR method unless a high T/E ratio shows up first as a red flag.

Comment

Just like Conte said, the drugs are decades ahead of the testers...really not a shocker.

Comment

Yeah this is true. Check out Gabriel Montoya on twitter

Comment

This is the first bit of info that actually makes me think Peterson might be telling the truth. I still doubt it, but it opens up the possibility slightly.

Comment

If that's true, Khan Is just trying to ***** his way out of this fight.

Comment

Now the testing debate shouldn't only be about whether there should be random testing or not, but also WHO is going to do the testing.

VADA seems to be better

Comment

Working...
                    X