No announcement yet.

Greta Thunberg Named Person of The Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    Speaking of, I learned today that Hitler was Time Person of the Year (of 1938). Stalin won it twice.

I think it's intended to reflect influence and impact on current events and discourse, but not necessarily be an endorsement. But it would be interesting to go back and read how Time covered previous controversial POYs. Did they paint them as bad? Did they offer mixed opinions?

Well I agree that this wouldn't make Trumpsters angry. Not like when when Caitlyn Jenner won that bravery award. But that's a separate discussion.

Anyway, Trump was also Time Person of the Year. It doesn't seem to be a largely politically driven thing.

Presidents are almost always elected as Time Person of the Year, in fact whoever wins in 2020 will probably be Person of the Year as well.

Typically Person of The Year isn't overtly politically driven, but politics do play a huge role. It's been a lot more politically driven for the past 3 years thats for sure. Just look at the year before it was Journalists who ran non stop conspiracy theories about Trump Russia collusion, and the year before that it was the Me Too Movement women.

Comment

Dumb. When someone does something about the Chinese or Indians polluting, then I'll care about a "great change" in being more ecological

Comment

You gotta giver her (and her handlers) credit.

They've managed to get quite a few adults, and amazingly some in very high positions of power, to allow themselves to be lectured to by a teenage high school dropout.

Comment

Awards from time has had that same feeling of “Snowflake of the Year”

Their hq is full of snowflakes lol so not surprise

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            Good for her, but people saying this will make Trump supporters angry, all I have to say to those people is . Angry about what, that a bunch of like minded liberal pansy's who think exactly like her voted for her to be Time Person of the Year? As if anyone believes those voting for her are some objective arbiters of truth. This is equivalent to liking your own posts on Facebook while simultaneously reveling in the smell of your own farts.

exactly, great post Jim... wtf ?

oooooh, look... a 16yo read out a speech and got emotional

all 16yo's can read, and get emotional... nothing to see here

Sean Plunket compares Greta Thunberg to Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin

Sean Plunket has derided Time magazine for picking Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg as its Person of the Year, claiming the choice was in the interest of "selling more magazines".

Speaking on MagicTalk on Thursday afternoon, Plunket, 55, read aloud a text from a listener noting previous controversial title-holders.

"Just on Greta Thunberg getting Time Person of the Year... I love this text. Mike's just pointed out to me some other stunning people who have been Time Person of the Year," Plunket said.

"Joseph Stalin, in 1939 and 1942... Joseph Stalin, excellent. Richard Nixon, 1971. Don't forget Adolf Hitler in 1938... Rudy Giuliani in 2001. Vladimir Putin - good old Vlad - in 2007. And our very own Donald Trump in 2016.

"So I suppose in some ways, Greta fits that mould perfectly - she's a great choice.

"Of course, they're only choosing that person on who can sell the most magazines - and Little Miss 'How Dare You' has clearly had a lot of exposure this year."

Later on, Plunket reiterated his belief that 16-year-old Thunberg was only chosen to "sell more editions".

"All it's designed to do is sell more editions of Time magazine, which strangely enough is printed on paper - which comes from trees, which should be left in the ground to cleanse the environment," he said to a caller.

Thunberg, who turns 17 in January, has captured the world's attention with her powerful activism towards the climate crisis. The teen was lauded by Time for kicking off an environmental campaign in August 2018, which later developed into a global movement.

In September, the 16-year-old polarised the world with her impassioned speech at the UN Climate Action Summit.

The AM Show's Duncan Garner previously lambasted the controversial activist in a strongly-worded opinion piece, claiming her "dramatic" UN speech was "counterproductive" and a "turn-off".

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              You gotta giver her (and her handlers) credit.

They've managed to get quite a few adults, and amazingly some in very high positions of power, to allow themselves to be lectured to by a teenage high school dropout.

exactly

she is obviously a lot smarter than all the adults who worship her

Comment

Originally posted by Qbox View Post
                I would have preferred the kid who invented the machine which is helping to remove all the plastic bags in the ocean.
                However that kid is actually solving problems unlike this little windbag full of leftist propaganda bull****.
                Green K sent!...

It's about Boyan Slat, the 25-year-old inventor from the Netherlands...

... and the kid is a real "doer", not a "propaganda bull****ter", tbh...

Comment

She's a little puppet just like her mother was, her mother was a well known singer in Sweden who was getting 'rammed' by some powerful people in Sweden. They're using this semi ******ed girl for their bull**** propaganda. She has no idea what's going on she's just reading from her script given to her.

Little spoiled zionist puppet

79939980_2825573597487448_6450128228106371072_n

Comment

Btw trump supporters are fkn ******ed, everyone knows he's a puppet for the elite, his orders come out of Jerusalem.

Comment

I feel like she is a 150 year old woman who has travelled forward in time but is somehow put her in a teenagers body.

When that photo surfaced of some kid in the 19th century that was identical to her I was on board straight away.

It’s brilliant that she has this this voice. I just feel she uses I and Me too much when she speaks. Instead of US and WE.

So ultimately tbh, she p.isses me off. I can’t help it

Comment

Working...
                      X