Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to buy a new watch - circa $16,000 budget. Recommendations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25K is the max Id spend on a time piece.

Look for Patek

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
      get yourself the cheapest watch you can find....it will do the exact same thing as a $150,000 dollar watch
      Which is tell time
      Won’t looks as good doe.

Why buy a Tesla when you can buy Nissan Leaf?

Comment

Hublot

https://www.hublot.com/en/collection...42mm?serie=207

Flash 16 and they will take it b

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Does anyone even wear a watch anymore?? I ditched mine after I got a cell phone. I hated wearing a watch.
          I got 22.

It does better with women than say a cell phone.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
            you do realize this is pretty boy 32 we talking about right...that dude dont got no 16 stacks
            Maybe. But it’s for the benefit of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
              name brand "luxury" watch is one of the dumbest basic things you can make.

i got $20 mechanical watches from ebay. 7 so far.
              they function exactly the same as 5 figure watches.

thats a copy of a submariner.
              i get compliments daily and im very open how cheap it is. adds more a shock value
              Let’s us know when it stops working.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                Easy. A Patek Phillipe if 16k can still get you one new. Might need to go closer to 20k unless you go pre owned.

If you’re trying to show some prestige, go with a big recognizable name. Sure, there are amazing watches but what’s the point if no one knows the makers because they lack knowledge in watches? You’re obviously not a collector so go patek phillipe. Now that is a status symbol imo.

But look into something like a Rolex or Cartier for name recognition..omega, etc if the Patek is a little out if the price range.

You could legit get 2 Rolex and a Cartier for 16k and floss in different occasions. A sports watch, a gold bracelet, and something in between and if you ever need some cash (never know) you can sell one or two and still look good
                I agree with ur call on the Patek Phillipe, if there’s even one available at that price range. Even then it might not be in the greatest condition, and won’t be noticed by casuals. But like a lot of people are saying, there is a huge snob factor as all these watches tell the time. But if someone looks long and hard enough they will find the one that speaks to them the most, regardless of brand. I hate the giant chunky watches personally. I like the smaller lighter unassuming ones myself. My brother has an expensive multi function Tissot. One place said they’d have to send it away to get the battery replaced at a cost of well over $100. We had a crippled chinese man in town who was bedridden most of his childhood and spent that time opening and taking apart watches. He didn’t blink and put a battery in for $20. Repairs like cars are part of the raquet.

Comment

Does it run on African time?

If so you may be able to negotiate a discount...

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                    Speak for yourself bro.

I just spent $10k on a leather thong with diamonds on it. I'm wearing it now as we speak.
                    I will spank you with my schlong while wearing that thong..

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      Let’s us know when it stops working.
                      ill drop another 20.

Comment

Working...
                      X