Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Wouldn't Sign With Golden Boy to Get Cotto Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Garcia was with top rank he actually said if anybody wanted to fight him they had to sign with TR. He should know how the business works

Comment

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Wouldn't Sign With Golden Boy to Get Cotto Fight

Mikey Garcia was more than willing to jump up two more weight classes to challenge Miguel Cotto. Garcia was not willing, however, to sign a multi-fight agreement with Cotto's promoter just to get in the ring with the Puerto Rican legend. The unbeaten WBC lightweight champion issued a series of Tweets on Monday to address why he turned down a proposed 154-pound fight against Cotto on December 2 at Madison Square Garden.
      [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

cotto didnt want the fight. that was a very winnable fight for mikey. it wouldnt be the first time cotto lost to a significantly smaller fighter, look what pacquiao did to him. he beat the **** out of him lol

Comment

Smart move why get tied up with these Crooks and a complicated contract for a fighter who's on his way out because this would be his last fight... any fighter with half a brain should stay away from GBP...

Comment

Can't blame Mikey for turning down the fight. But at the same time that's how boxing works and Mikey should know that. That's what happens when your a free agent and your not backed up by a promoter. Your gonna find it difficult to get the fights you want cause why should a promoter feed you his guys when he's not getting anything in return aside from the money on that one particular fight??
            Last edited by BigStomps; 10-09-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              When Garcia was with top rank he actually said if anybody wanted to fight him they had to sign with TR. He should know how the business works
              I remember it clearly. It's comical.
              More hilarious part is he can't get steady fights from the PBC camp.
              Broner will most likely be his last major fight for a long while.
              Why he's even calling out fighters outside of PBC/Sho is beyond comprehension.
              He's finding out it's full of part-time fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                Smart move why get tied up with these Crooks and a complicated contract for a fighter who's on his way out because this would be his last fight... any fighter with half a brain should stay away from GBP...
                To be fair every promoter would have done the same. I don't think any promoter would have offered two of its best and most popular Fighters and not look for anything else in return. Is it right?? No but that's the business side of boxing.

Comment

He's receiving advice from the great Al Haymon. Mikey knows what he's doing. He even turned down a multi deal with Mayweather. Its a fight per fight thing. Can't blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    Oscar is one of the worst promoters rite now. Him and Kathy Duva. He fućked up the GGG-Canelo fight by marinating and being a stupid promoter. He basically ran the 4+million people who paid for May/Mac off and told them that they were stupid.

This is always going to be a great gem to drop.

Golden Boy has no background in boxing,” Arum told the paper. “They rely on Oscar, who’s a dummy. Oscar is one of the stupidest guys I’ve ever met. I’m just saying what it is. The guy is really not smart. Forget just ‘not smart.’ He’s not just even average.”
                    You stupid mother****er you don't accomplish everything Oscar has by not being smart! You should know that Arum is still bitter at Oscar cause he's the first fighter under Top Rank to take Top Rank to court to
                    break free from their contract and venture on their own. He paved the way for Mayweather and Mikey Garcia to break free from Top Rank and promote themselves or in Mikey's case call the shots when it comes to his own career. So stop being a hating ass, stupid ass mother****er and realize Oscar is far from dumb!
                    Last I checked the 1.3 million ppv's Canelo-Triple g sold is still 1.3 million. No other 27 year old A side fighter has ever sold that many ppv's at such a young age. Not even your hero Mayweather. So quit being stupid and stop hating on Oscar cause last I checked he's still a multi millionare.... Are you??? B ITCH!

Comment

Mikey fuked up he should of just sign like a 2 or 3 fight deal and he would've got cotto and linares and huge paydays

Comment

Working...
                      X