Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Eddie Hearn destroy Kell Brook's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sure Hearn ruined Brooks career

Went in the road pulled the upset got the strap . Viewed as one of the best WWs. Spent 2+ years fighting no hoper Mandos and a Voluntary in Frankie Gavin.

When it was time for his $ Fight he had to jump up 2 divisions and fought a Prime GGg , who at the time no one 160 or under wanted to fight , Got his face broke . All the while it was clear Spence was positioning to be the Mando so Now he’s fresh off a sh.it kicking from a MW no one wanted to fight and his next fight is a WW no one wanted to fight and he gets the other side of his face broke.

It’s been 2+ years and Brook still hasn’t fought anyone with a pulse and would t be suprised if he never does again

His whole Title Reign is one of the worst managed I can think of , Just a bunch sh.it fights and a fight he couldn’t win and then Spence as a Mando

Brook had so many options at WW against Known Opponets who either held a strap or had a recognized name that would have been Big fights in the UK

Instead his team didn’t get him any Big $ fights against WWs , His $ Fight was a kamikaze mission with only 1 outcome that was made with no regard for his career or future and made strictly to benefit Hearn / Matchroom and prove that Matchroom could bring over the big names on UK soil

Matchroom only had to sacrifice the career of One of their bigger names to do it

Comment

Did Hearn ruin Brook's career more than he did Joshua and Whyte's?

Comment

Yeah he should've fought Rios and Vargas when those fights were being negotiated. Skipped the GGG fight, then fought Spence without being as drained and being injury free. I don't know if he would have won but at least his title reign would have been a bit better.

Comment

It wasn't Hearn that suggested Brook take the Golovkin fight, it was Brook himself. He felt that since Khan took the Canelo fight, he needed to match it by taking the Golovkin fight. Khan is low IQ because of inbreeding but brook is an idiot for trying to match an idiot lol

Comment

I'd assume Kell didn't accept fights he didn't wanna fight. And I'd assume he gots a manager telling him their thoughts so at this point its on him. No one stuck a gun to Kell's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              After saving Eddie's ass with the GGG fight Kell should've made enough to retire but he didn't. Kell took one for the team and his career was ruined
              Bold faced lie, I've always said from a sporting perspective he or Hearn didn't necessarily take the best path but money wise he did extremely well. He made towards £5 million for GGG and due to the size and promotion of that fight he did great with Spence off the back of that where he had a much larger cut and made around £4million.

The other WW champions at the time were offered similarly huge pay days to fight Brook in the US or UK and none of them even mentioned him, it is common knowledge he was being avoided.

The real problem with his career is that he wasted years with Frank Warren, as soon as he got with Hearn his career got some traction. His fights with N'dou and Hatton were made into much bigger events than the quality of the fight justified.

As I said you can be critical of the matchmaking with GGG and Spence, but Brook made the final call and publicly against Hearns wishes with Spence. But in 2 fights he became a multi-millionaire. Imagine he doesn't fight GGG, those guys still avoided him and he ended losing his belt to Spence anyway for £1-2 million...that would have been a **** up

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                For sure Hearn ruined Brooks career

Went in the road pulled the upset got the strap . Viewed as one of the best WWs. Spent 2+ years fighting no hoper Mandos and a Voluntary in Frankie Gavin.

When it was time for his $ Fight he had to jump up 2 divisions and fought a Prime GGg , who at the time no one 160 or under wanted to fight , Got his face broke . All the while it was clear Spence was positioning to be the Mando so Now he’s fresh off a sh.it kicking from a MW no one wanted to fight and his next fight is a WW no one wanted to fight and he gets the other side of his face broke.

It’s been 2+ years and Brook still hasn’t fought anyone with a pulse and would t be suprised if he never does again

His whole Title Reign is one of the worst managed I can think of , Just a bunch sh.it fights and a fight he couldn’t win and then Spence as a Mando

Brook had so many options at WW against Known Opponets who either held a strap or had a recognized name that would have been Big fights in the UK

Instead his team didn’t get him any Big $ fights against WWs , His $ Fight was a kamikaze mission with only 1 outcome that was made with no regard for his career or future and made strictly to benefit Hearn / Matchroom and prove that Matchroom could bring over the big names on UK soil

Matchroom only had to sacrifice the career of One of their bigger names to do it
                Great post.

Hearn is a shrewd operator and a very greed one that won't mind sacrificing his best talent just for what he's going to achieve in short term.

Brook had so many options at 147 but he manipulated Brook and his team to do what Khan did, albeit against a very dangerous opponent by dangling money in their faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Daud View Post
                  Did Hearn ruin Brook's career more than he did Joshua and Whyte's?
                  Time will tell with both Josh and Whyte. We'll know in the next year or two.

In Josh's case: he knows the guy struggles with short guys and with his debut in the US (a place he was never interested in going to in the first place but Hearn convinced he and his team to make the sojourn), with so much pressure and blank cheques Hearn wrote on his behalf with the crap "British invasion" nonsense - he picked the trickiest short guy around with fast hands. And it's for a fight the guy wasn't prepared for, never wanted the guy due, and basically just disregarded the guy. A lot of things also happened leading up to that fight. But with the Josh I've seen recently - he's hungry and back to his mean self. So he should be able to destroy Ruiz easily in the rematch. However, it's going to take time for him to regain his invincibility.

As for Whyte: he had no business fighting Rivas. And I believe the fear factor is the reason why he had to do something extra to avoid defeat. But his career is in a coma right now and it's going to take time for him to recover. The guy had momentum and public sympathy going into the fight, but everything is gone now. I don't even think he'll get a title shot in the next 2 years with the whole PED tbh.

Comment

He destroyed his own career by fighting in UK the highlight of his entire career was coming to USA and winning a close decision

Who knows he would probably been found out earlier had he campaign in America so maybe he got the most out of his ability fighting in 3 big fights and became a world champion

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      Bold faced lie, I've always said from a sporting perspective he or Hearn didn't necessarily take the best path but money wise he did extremely well. He made towards £5 million for GGG and due to the size and promotion of that fight he did great with Spence off the back of that where he had a much larger cut and made around £4million.

The other WW champions at the time were offered similarly huge pay days to fight Brook in the US or UK and none of them even mentioned him, it is common knowledge he was being avoided.

The real problem with his career is that he wasted years with Frank Warren, as soon as he got with Hearn his career got some traction. His fights with N'dou and Hatton were made into much bigger events than the quality of the fight justified.

As I said you can be critical of the matchmaking with GGG and Spence, but Brook made the final call and publicly against Hearns wishes with Spence. But in 2 fights he became a multi-millionaire. Imagine he doesn't fight GGG, those guys still avoided him and he ended losing his belt to Spence anyway for £1-2 million...that would have been a **** up
                      If it's about money, he could've waited and fought Canelo and earned the same money tbh. And he'd have his eyes intact.

Also, if not for how GGG fu..cked his eyes up, he would've beaten Spence. By the time he fought Spence, he was already damaged. But he still won the first 4-5 rds convincingly.

Comment

Working...
                      X