Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG's explosiveness is gone. Here is the proof.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG's explosiveness is gone. Here is the proof.

https://youtu.be/OnTMmsFxF6k?t=171

Check out this 10 second sequence from 0:10 of the first round against Curtis Stevens. Watch the explosiveness in GGG's right hands, his feints, everything. The speed, the snap, specifically the left hook to Stevens' guard at 0:07 and the right hand to his head to end the round. There is no delay, just BOOM. Contrast that to his recent fights, and it's like there's a hitch, or a delay, in his right hand. His hooks like wingy, like loose noodles, with no snap, no explosiveness.

What do you think? To my eyes, I don't see this same fighter anymore, and I haven't truly since the Lemieux fight. He started to decline around 32 years of age, just like most other offensive fighters, and now he's 35. Post your thoughts!
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 09-19-2017, 04:39 AM.

Or how about this left hook to Stevens body that GGG couldn't land once all night vs Canelo, and only a couple times vs both Jacobs and Brook? https://youtu.be/OnTMmsFxF6k?t=949

Followed by snapping, quick right hands. Yes, those are better fighters than Stevens, but you can just see a different level of speed and explosiveness in this version of GGG. If he still had that speed, he would have been able to land it vs those better fighters. Not as often, but still land it a fair amount. You can just tell, he's not the same guy.

Maybe all the altitude training has ruined his quick twitch muscle fibers like Victor Conte and Virgil Hunter alluded to, I don't know. Maybe that's what Kelly Pavlik is seeing when he says GGG looks arm weary and like he's pushing his punches, because that's what I see too. He's just not the same.

Comment

You can't be explosive when you're tentative. He's been tentative since he decided to box against Lemieux.

Comment

Could it be drug testing ???? Just saying

Comment

Different level of opponent, last few fights been against top shelf so everything changes.

Comment

GGG gets bothered by fighters who have hand speed. It happened with Jacobs and I thought Canelo won most of the exchanges the first 4 rounds. It looked to me like GGG was pulling his punches and very unsure of his attack.

Comment

I'm staring to think GGG and Kovalev were on that Russian drug that was banned. Kovalev was a monster than when that stuff was banned he went 12 rounds with some chump than lost to Ward twice even though I had him winning fight one 114 to 113. GGG was just tapping guys and they would fall now he goes 12 rounds twice

Comment

His fight with Canelo reminded me of Trinidad/Hopkins. When Trinidad was quick, explosive, strong, knocking everyone out. Then the hopkins fight he looked flat, chubby, slow, and fatigue. Thats what Ggg looked like to me. No snap, you used to hear the thud even if he lands on the gloves.

Comment

"GGG's explosiveness is gone. Here is the proof."

Comment

Little by little Canelo has improved his defense. He has developed into a boxer who is hard to hit cleanly. His head movement is much better than Stevens's head movement. Canelo's excellent defense could have a lot to do with GGG being less explosive. GGG was still punching hard enough to keep Canelo on the run most of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X