No announcement yet.

Rickson comments on Fedor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rickson comments on Fedor

now i'm not 100% on this because it came from the Wrestling Observer magazine and their articles aren't available online. but a lot of people are talking about it after reading the actual magazine and even the magazine's website says that he makes comments. supposedly, this is a portion of the article:

"Rickson Gracie was in Japan this week as his son, Kron, was in a BJJ tournament. He did an interview with Tokyo Sports and when they asked about Dreams’ idea of Kron (who has never done an MMA match) vs. Sakuraba, he said “No” and said that he would like to face Sakuraba. They also brought up Fedor Emelianenko, saying that Fedor was the successor to Rickson as the world’s greatest fighter. There is such a huge difference between the two as Rickson never faced anyone once people learned how to fight while Fedor fought tons of real competition. Rickson said that Emelianenko was a great athlete, but his technical ability was so-so. He said he saw his weaknesses, but wouldn't say what they were, but if they were to fight, he is 100% sure he would win. That's downright crazy, given he'd give up 35 pounds and is now 48 years old and hasn't even had a match in eight years."--Dave Meltzer, editor of the Wrestling Observer

i wouldn't doubt he said that. and i know for a fact that we'd never see this fight because Rickson would just demand a Mayweather paycheck.

Meltzer is a reliable source. Rickson had delusions of grandure. I do believe he is the best Gracie at Jiu Jitsu based on testamony I've heard from other BJJ players, but his MMA game is lacking, Fedor would cave his skull in. How come Rickson never participates in NAGA or Abu Dhabi to showcase his skills?

Comment

By the way, Rickson vs. Sakuraba needs to happen....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
        uh huh...
        what's next? the Gracies stop making whiney excuses for every loss...

Comment

It's win win with the Gracies. If they win. "Gracie Jiu Jitsu is the best Martial art in the world." If they lose, "It's only because the opponent knew Gracie Jiu Jitsu."

Comment

Fedor would have killed Rickson.

Comment

It's win win with the Gracies. If they win. "Gracie Jiu Jitsu is the best Martial art in the world." If they lose, "It's only because the opponent knew Gracie Jiu Jitsu."
              ROLMFAO!!!!

so true, so true!

Comment

I don't know if the whining thing is striclty a Gracie thing either, alot of Brazillians whine after a loss. BTT was getting pretty famous for it there for a while. Upstanding****ingcitizens even had a funny picture of Arona with a pacifire in his mouth sayin "headbutt" after the Rampage fight...

Comment

**** yeah it does.

Comment

how would Fedor Beat Rickson? from what i've seen of Fedor pretty much none of his fights were won on the feet, correct me if i'm wrong but thats what i've seen of him.
                    the majority of his fights were won off his back by armbar or choke.
                    and guess where Rickson likes the fight...yup on the ground an thats where the fight would end up, with Rickson pretty much being the best on the ground it would b a good fight(don't compare it 2 the Nog fight, 2 completely different ground games).
                    try and get past your gracie hate b4 u judge.
                    Rickson in his prime by armbar.
                    and yes i wouldn't mind seeing Rickson Vs Sakuraba as Ricksons last fight, i think it was a tatame article where i read he wants the fight 2 happen this year after sakuraba is done with the GP.

Comment

Working...
                    X