Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Sad Is It That 3/5 Top P4P'ers are 35 Yrs Old and Up ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good observation, but theres still a few young ones comin up though,mares, benavidez, santa cruz, broner, canelo, chavez, ggg, and a few others i forgot so no worries

Comment

Mayweather, Pac, Wlad/Vitali, Froch, B-Hop, Martinez, Marquez. These are all P4P-caliber fighters, and all of them are 34+. The only "young" P4P fighters imo are Ward and Mares. It all comes down to the right fights getting made. If not, then the P4P is gonna look abysmal in a couple years when all of them have retired.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Mayweather, Pac, Wlad/Vitali, Froch, B-Hop, Martinez, Marquez. These are all P4P-caliber fighters, and all of them are 34+. The only "young" P4P fighters imo are Ward and Mares. It all comes down to the right fights getting made. If not, then the P4P is gonna look abysmal in a couple years when all of them have retired.
        This is THE point. There was a time, as early as the 90s, where top young fighters fought each other often enough and when you have two young lions getting at each other, win or lose, both guys come away with big fight experience. Now you have a tonne of young guys walking through a line of bums, so by the time they reach a top dog, not only are they older than previous generations, but they get beat more often than not or come close to losing and go back to being protected.

Look at the resumes of young DLH, Tito, Jones Jr, Holyfield etc.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP
          I blame the amateur system. The scoring rules favor pitty pat combination punching and outside fighting.
          I blame the promoters and cherry picking. Look at Ward, how fast he made it up there simply cause of the super six and he had no choice but to fight the best.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
          X