Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Want To Stop The Mayweather Comparisons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner is brutalizing guys now. He hits low by accident, on the break, works your body, and the head. He has no clear weaknesses. Peep his ko highlights. Brutal...

Comment

Why do they make it seem like other people compare him to Floyd when Broner is the one doing the comparisons to Floyd himself?

Comment

Most of the public and the " commons " as I would call them don't have a damn clue. This guy don't act nothing like Floyd. They both just have extreme confidence in their ability. If you watched Floyd at his age, he didn't act like Broner acts. Floyd seemed a bit more mature at his age and humble.

It wasn't until Floyd rushed the PPV scene that he took on the " bad guy " persona. And he was brilliant for that. It earned him more publicity. I remember the way he talked about Gatti. He didn't always down his opponents like that. He kept it going because he realized having a negative fanbase would make him more money. Like he said " rather I have fans to pay and watch me win, or haters that pay to watch me lose, at the end of the day they all paid ".

Broner does have to understand that he is viewed as a possible next Mayweather. Not that he would be better or not, it's just because he's black, uses the shoulder roll, and talks a lot of s---. He's also generated a negative fanbase already. Not everyone likes a guy that talks trash and is over confident. But it's good entertainment either way.

Honestly, though I for damn sure wont be buying Pacquiao vs Marquez 4, I actually bought Pacquiao vs Marquez 3 just because I didn't like Manny and thought he was overrated. And Manny don't talk a lot of trash and come off as arrogant. I just didn't like him because I thought he was overrated. There is a clear example of how just having a negative feeling about a boxer can provoke you to buy a PPV.

BTW, watching that PPV to me did prove how overrated he was. I even bought the disappointing Bradley PPV(I already knew Pacman was overrated at this time. I just didn't know much about Bradley and I wanted to see was he any good or could he give Manny a fight. But it was garbage. I was upset Manny didn't get the decision. Horrible)

So yes while they may both use the shoulder roll and share the same promotor/advisor, no he is not trying to be like Mayweather. But since he uses the shoulder roll, is black, talks trash, and created a negative fanbase already, the comparisons wont stop.

So when we say or you hear people say he could be the next Mayweather, it just means he could be the next fighter to dominate his era of boxing. It damn sure doesn't mean he will be even close to the fighter Mayweather is or that he will experience similar success that Mayweather has. It's almost like saying Lebron James could be the next Jordan.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
          Most of the public and the " commons " as I would call them don't have a damn clue. This guy don't act nothing like Floyd. They both just have extreme confidence in their ability. If you watched Floyd at his age, he didn't act like Broner acts. Floyd seemed a bit more mature at his age and humble.

It wasn't until Floyd rushed the PPV scene that he took on the " bad guy " persona. And he was brilliant for that. It earned him more publicity. I remember the way he talked about Gatti. He didn't always down his opponents like that. He kept it going because he realized having a negative fanbase would make him more money. Like he said " rather I have fans to pay and watch me win, or haters that pay to watch me lose, at the end of the day they all paid ".

Broner does have to understand that he is viewed as a possible next Mayweather. Not that he would be better or not, it's just because he's black, uses the shoulder roll, and talks a lot of s---. He's also generated a negative fanbase already. Not everyone likes a guy that talks trash and is over confident. But it's good entertainment either way.

Honestly, though I for damn sure wont be buying Pacquiao vs Marquez 4, I actually bought Pacquiao vs Marquez 3 just because I didn't like Manny and thought he was overrated. And Manny don't talk a lot of trash and come off as arrogant. I just didn't like him because I thought he was overrated. There is a clear example of how just having a negative feeling about a boxer can provoke you to buy a PPV.

BTW, watching that PPV to me did prove how overrated he was. I even bought the disappointing Bradley PPV(I already knew Pacman was overrated at this time. I just didn't know much about Bradley and I wanted to see was he any good or could he give Manny a fight. But it was garbage. I was upset Manny didn't get the decision. Horrible)

So yes while they may both use the shoulder roll and share the same promotor/advisor, no he is not trying to be like Mayweather. But since he uses the shoulder roll, is black, talks trash, and created a negative fanbase already, the comparisons wont stop.

So when we say or you hear people say he could be the next Mayweather, it just means he could be the next fighter to dominate his era of boxing. It damn sure doesn't mean he will be even close to the fighter Mayweather is or that he will experience similar success that Mayweather has. It's almost like saying Lebron James could be the next Jordan.
          lmao who buys a Pac PPV to watch him lose? I mean I fully understand that people do this for Floyd because he's literally hated by some people, but how do you actively "hate" on Pacquiao enough to where you are influenced to buy his PPV to watch him lose? I mean I get how people can find him overrated, or they don't like his fanbase, or whatever but yeah full blown HATE for the guy? I don't even know how to compute that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWinners View Post
            Most of the public and the " commons " as I would call them don't have a damn clue. This guy don't act nothing like Floyd.
            Are you kidding me?

Everything about Broner is based on Mayweather right down to his speech mannerisms in his post-fight interviews. It's absolutely pathetic to see a grown man act that way.

To go to such lengths to copy a man's every move and then to suddenly say "I want to stop the comparisons", well tough shit buddy, you made your bed.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              The only reason Floyd and Pac are superstars is because they participated in mega events with DLH and crossed over. Is it gonna take a Mayweather or Pacquaio fight for Broner to become the sport's next crossover star?
              Pac was already a superstar in the lower weights before fighting DLH... He already has the record in the lower weights on PPV of 400k+ sold. So fighting DLH did just solidify it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Between him and Canelo for the title of best fighter under the age of 25. Russell Jr and the two Garcias would be up there as well.
                How can we tell if Canelo is one of the best fighters under 25 or not. He hasn't fought one single top fighter in his division to date. Perhaps the only thing he has proven is that he has a large Mexican fan base. Other than that, he hasn't proven anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Dome View Post
                  I agree with this message.
                  demarco fights nothing like castillo

Comment

Do people forget how aggressive Floyd was in his younger days? Leading with two or three left hooks? Double or triple straight right hands? At the very same age that Broner is at now. Broner and some of you sound like Floyd has been fighting defensively his whole career. That's far from the truth. Comparing DeMarco to a 6" Corrales is just absurd or even Castillo. Mayweather was even the underdog in the Corrales fight.

I also cringed when Broner called himself "Mr. HBO". All that clowning - wether it's on purpose or not - is going to be Broners Achilles' heel. He'll end up being the fighter that people pay to see him lose.

I want to see Broner moving up. He looked like 10-15lbs heavier than DeMarco on fight-night.
                    Last edited by Main Source; 11-19-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by #thirsty View Post
                      lmao who buys a Pac PPV to watch him lose? I mean I fully understand that people do this for Floyd because he's literally hated by some people, but how do you actively "hate" on Pacquiao enough to where you are influenced to buy his PPV to watch him lose? I mean I get how people can find him overrated, or they don't like his fanbase, or whatever but yeah full blown HATE for the guy? I don't even know how to compute that.
                      How do you confuse hate with thinking someone is overrated? I hate the fact that people glorify him as such a legendary boxer when he's really not. He's not on the level of a Oscar De La Hoya, a Floyd Mayweather, a Roy Jones, etc. He's a juicer that takes easy challenges and weight drains boxers but he doesn't move up for a challenge. I mean the guy fought a lightweight 4 times yet he won't move up one weight class to fight someone else. Give me a break.

Comment

Working...
                      X