No announcement yet.

Broner or Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner or Mayweather?

Who do you enjoy watching more? Not asking who is better/who would win.

Broner has been really carrying the fight his past few performances while Mayweather is a pure technician, a purist boxing fans' dream. Would Mayweather have the defensive numbers he does if he fought like Broner coming forward?

I'd have to go with Broner though now.

one thing is for sure tho,

in terms of wittiness and gift of gab

Broner >>>>>> Floyd

by a country mile.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
      Who do you enjoy watching more? Not asking who is better/who would win.

Broner has been really carrying the fight his past few performances while Mayweather is a pure technician, a purist boxing fans' dream. Would Mayweather have the defensive numbers he does if he fought like Broner coming forward?

I'd have to go with Broner though now.
      Floyd took years to develop that style ... Broner picked up where Floyd is now and is reaping the rewards earlier.

Plus Broner is more aggressive than Floyd, While Floyd is better defensively.

Give Broner a few more years fighting like this and his defense will get better.

Comment

Broner is just more entertaining than Floyd on every level.

Comment

I don't think Broner was really pressing the fight in terms of moving forward, DeMarco seemed quite happy to walk right into the trap over and over.

Comment

I prefer to watch Mayweather but Broner is more "exciting". If that makes sense

I'd say 130-135 Mayweather is more "exciting" though.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
              Floyd took years to develop that style ... Broner picked up where Floyd is now and is reaping the rewards earlier.

Plus Broner is more aggressive than Floyd, While Floyd is better defensively.

Give Broner a few more years fighting like this and his defense will get better.
              Mayweather was much more aggressive at the lower weights.

Comment

If I compare them when they were at a similar spot in their career they are about equal. Floyd looked a bit more smooth and effortless, I would say Broner looks a bit more explosive.

Where they are now Broner is more fun to watch from an action standpoint. I still like watching Floyd more from a sweet science point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  one thing is for sure tho,

in terms of wittiness and gift of gab

Broner >>>>>> Floyd

by a country mile.
                  where would Donaire fit in that >>>>>

Comment

Yeah but Floyd was very aggressive at 130-135. He just toned down his style into a more defensive style as he moved up.

Comment

Working...
                    X