No announcement yet.

Top Rank and Team Pacquiao made a huge blunder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Rank and Team Pacquiao made a huge blunder

Pacquiao had his shot at earning 40 million but will now be fighting for 7 million per fight and won't even see half of that after % are taken out.

He will be forced to fight Bradley in a high risk low reward type of fight. I personally think Bradley will beat Pacquiao but that's besides the point. Pacquiaos auroa of invincibility and popuarlity is slowing going down. The next time they have negotions for Mayweather vs Pacquiao they will have no LEVERAGE at all. NONE. Pacquiao will be a fighter who is barely getting passed people or a guy who has gotten beat by Bradley or JMM4 or whoever. This means less money for Pacquiao and Top Rank.

When the time coems for Top Rank and Team Pacquiao to actually want Mayweather they lose all their leverage and millions of dollars down the drain. Mayweather will be banking in 40 million per fight no matter who he fights.

BTW, I don't think Pacquiao-Bradley does more than 800k buys.....it will do Clottey like numbers.

While Pacquiao does ****ty PPV numbers with Bradley, and Peterson

Mayweather will have huge money fights with Alvarez, Khan and so fourth.

Huge mistake by Pacquiao declining that money. It will all come to fruition for them.
    Last edited by DoubleMM; 02-02-2012, 03:18 AM.

You are assuming Mayweather was serious about the fight.

Really??

You mean it wasn't like all the other times?

Comment

Don't know why they didn't fight Marquez the 4th time. Risk vs Reward ratio against Bradley is pretty big so I gotta Manny major props if he does go through with it. At least Marquez is familiar territory. Hotly disputed contests or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
        Don't know why they didn't fight Marquez the 4th time. Risk vs Reward ratio against Bradley is pretty big so I gotta Manny major props if he does go through with it. At least Marquez is familiar territory. Hotly disputed contests or not.
        Marquez wanted a lot more money than Bradley. JMM was going for a 50-50 split, or at least 10 million dollars, while Bradley is not going to get paid even half of that number.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          Because they have no leverage on JMM4 this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
            Because they have no leverage on JMM4 this time around.
            stop the nonsense already please, its pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
              Pacquiao had his shot at earning 40 million but will now be fighting for 7 million per fight and won't even see half of that after % are taken out.

He will be forced to fight Bradley in a high risk low reward type of fight. I personally think Bradley will beat Pacquiao but that's besides the point. Pacquiaos auroa of invincibility and popuarlity is slowing going down. The next time they have negotions for Mayweather vs Pacquiao they will have no LEVERAGE at all. NONE. Pacquiao will be a fighter who is barely getting passed people or a guy who has gotten beat by Bradley or JMM4 or whoever. This means less money for Pacquiao and Top Rank.

When the time coems for Top Rank and Team Pacquiao to actually want Mayweather they lose all their leverage and millions of dollars down the drain. Mayweather will be banking in 40 million per fight no matter who he fights.

BTW, I don't think Pacquiao-Bradley does more than 800k buys.....it will do Clottey like numbers.

While Pacquiao does ****ty PPV numbers with Bradley, and Peterson

Mayweather will have huge money fights with Alvarez, Khan and so fourth.

Huge mistake by Pacquiao declining that money. It will all come to fruition for them.
              Says a lot by Floyd who is just forum-shopping and was not serious in taking the 50-50 split, even if Top Rank is willing to lose a lot more in the PPV sales because of Golden Boy's making a small percentage off Pacquiao's bouts with them (remember the suitcase with cash from GBP offered to Pac?).

I believe you conveniently forgot that little nugget of information.

Comment

Working...
              X